CHAPTER 30.

Chapter 30: News. 

*

"If I get married, I want to be very married."

-Audrey Hepburn-

*

"Resort?"

"Resort." Multiple people stared at their phones, voting on the venue of their workshop.

Yusra sighed, leaning onto her chair and closing her eyes. It's been a rough week. She heard chairs scraping beside her and immediately knew it was either Cordon or Than. Even though Than was in another department, the boy had developed an uncanny habit of annoying her to no ends.

"I have a joke," At Than's voice, Yusra let out a groan. She had half an hour break before she had to head out to a meeting with Pritvi and Alex. She needed this break.

"Come on, Yusra! Hear me out!!" he whined from beside her and she sighed again, glancing at him. His blue eyes were literally begging her to listen. Rolling her eyes, she nodded. Than grinned back.

"Knock knock."

"It's open." Yusra deadpanned and he glowered at her. She rolled her eyes again and muttered a, 'Who's there?'

"Achi."

"Achi who?"

"Bless you," Than replied, laughing in triumph. Yusra was so close to hitting his head but refrained herself. All in good time.

"Your jokes are lame!" she huffed out and Than made cute faces at her, making her laugh a little.

Yusra realized she had made really good friends here, albeit more males than females. Not that it mattered to her, having male friends meant she could be an introvert all the time since she won't be going out much. There was also the case of very less females at work.

"Yusra?" she looked up to see Rabail walking over her. Upon seeing Rabail, Than stood up and walked away. Rabail smiled, taking a seat vacated by Than beside Yusra. She crossed her legs over one another and leaned back on the chair.

"How may I help you, dearest CEO?" Yusra said with a teasing grin. Rabail rolled her eyes, the smile never leaving her face.

"I have good news." Oooo good news! Yusra leaned towards her with raised eyebrows, her green eyes twinkling with mirth.

"Which is?"

"The resort has been finalized for the workshop. It's owned by my family but that's besides the point. The point it, there is a forest behind it which is used for hiking activities and stuff. Can you help me organize them?" she asked and Yusra frowned.

"What's the good news?" she asked and Rabail tilted her head slightly.

"I just told you! The finalization of the venue!" Ahh that. I thought it would be something bigger.

"Right. Sure."

"We don't have time!!" Rabail placed her hands on Yusra's shoulders and shook her. Yusra let out a laugh.

"We can fix that. Tomorrow is Thursday so you can come for a sleepover at my place or something. We can work this out tomorrow afternoon? Or today?" Yusra suggested and Rabail placed her index finger on her chin, thinking. After a moment, she nodded.

"I'll check with Islah and see what he says. We can stay back today or something?" she suggested and Yusra nodded. After hours it is. But hey, who's complaining? I get paid extra and I get to see my CEO. Plus on both ends.