Breakout 10

The Warden sat in her office since the tournament was taking a break. A blush coated her face as she read the pamphlet in her hand.

Suddenly, Mitsuru kicked the door open as he casually strolled in her office. "Hey, Warden! The final match is about to begin!"

She stood up, hiding the book behind her. "I-I'm aware of that! More importantly, you need to keep your voice down!"

Mitsuru tilted his head. "Aye-aye." He then rushed behind her, grabbing the pamphlet, and crouching down. "Oh? You like sweets, Warden?" He asked. "You're more girly than I thought."

She snagged it back, blushing and hugging it. "Who cares?! I just wanted to read something!"

"I hear that!" Misturu gave a cat-like grin. "If you see a book lying around, it's normal to just want to read it!"

"Building 4 and 13 are the ones advancing, correct?" Momoko asked, her attitude now serious. 'Like I need to ask.'

"Yep, same as last year, yet again," Mitsuru replied. 'Like you need to ask.' "But it'll make things exciting, so I don't mind. They are No.1 and No. 2 here at Nanba, after all. Their battle will have an impact on the inmates, as well. It's worth showing to all the buildings."

"We hold the New Year's Tournament at the start of the year to change the inmates' attitudes and show them our guards' strength. We will make the inmates feel first-hand the power and mental strength of our officers. That's Nanba's way of educating our inmates!" she said, clenching her fist.

"Oh, how scary. You're pretty sadistic, Warden." Mitsuru grinned, hands laid out in front of him. "You're probably on par with my best friend."

"Your best friend?" the Warden repeated, looking over at him with dangerous eyes.

He put a finger up, pointing at her. "Hajime, who else? You know we're good friends, right? I mean, you're always watching him-"

Momoko pulled her hand back, punching him in the face, sending him flying. "Get back to work!" she shouted.

"Aye-aye-aye!" he replied as he flew in the air from the intense punch. He crashed to the ground and Momoko let out a sigh, blushing as she held the sweets pamphlet yet again.

"Oh, we probably won't do a Valentine's Day story until next year..." he informed her in his chibi form.

She ripped the pamphlet in half and started to chase after Mitsuru with a spiked iron club. Mitsuru laughed as he ran away. "I'll kill you! I'm gonna pull your head off your neck!" she yelled.

"Aye-aye! Aye-aye!"

Akiri, who just watched what happened, stood there. Slowly, she turned around and walked away. For the sake of the Warden and her fellow female, she would let the blue haired woman beat up the Loud-Dotard and keep her pride. She would pretend that she just didn't witness the Warden getting teased about her crush on Hajime. Just this once though, next time she would use that as blackmail.

Sighing, she headed towards the infirmary. After being in the loud crowd (well she did beat up the people surrounding her) she felt a headache coming and Akiri needed some Advil or medicine to prevent that. She was about to open the door until she heard two voices.

"..-The medicine #71 made is very effective, as always," the first voice said and Akiri raised a brow. 'An inmate making medicine?' "I've healed already."

"Hey, don't say that out loud," the second voice replied and Akiri recognized it as the Monkey-Dotard, so she guessed that he was talking to the Boar-Dotard, Hakkai Inori.