Breakout 18

Jyugo woke up in the infirmary after passing out. Immediately, he went to Cell 13, he needed to make sure everyone was okay and safe. Quickly slamming the door open, he huffed, sweating heavily.

"That scared me~ What's wrong Jyugo?" Uno asked, looking up from his magazine. "You're sweating like crazy."

Nico looked up from his tablet. "Jyugo-kun, are you alright now? Seitarou-chan and Aki-chan said that you'd be in the hospital room all day today..."

Jyugo's mismatched eyes widened as he stood straight. 'The same as usual...' "Hey... Where's Rock...?" 'The same as usual.'

"Ahh, he went to Building 5 today. He took Yamato and Tsukumo with him," Uno answered, sitting cross legged. "I passed up on it since I'm not suited to exercise, though."

"It looks like Liang and the others called them over, so I think they're having a lot of fun," Nico added, smiling. "They'll probably come back pretty soon, I think."

"And Hibari...?" Jyugo looked around for the woman but couldn't seem to find her. 'I need to make sure she's okay... I still have questions that need answers...'

Uno and Nico looked at each other before focusing back on Jyugo. "She was guarding you in the infirmary for a bit before she started to patrol around the building or something... She even went to Building 5 for a few hours, but she came back a little bit before you woke up."

"Is that so... Thank goodness..." He held his bloodied hands behind him, hiding them from sight.

"Jyugo, what are you doing after this? Wanna go to the recreation room together?"

"Jyugo-kun, I found a game that's simpler than last time, so let's play together.

'The same conversation as usual. The same behavior as usual. The same voices as usual. Everything, everything... Is the same as usual.'

"Sorry... I actually went and snuck out of the hospital room on my own, so I think they'll probably come and take me back again," Jyugo replied, taking a step back.

Uno looked at him in exasperation. "Hey, hey, are you for real? You even went and escaped from a hospital room. Hibari-chan will be mad at you y'know?"

Nico nodded. "You should at least take it easy when you're feeling ill. Then we'll all come and see you later, ok?" He smiled at the older teen.

"Yeah..." Jyugo sent them one last look before closing the cell door. 'Thank goodness it's the same as usual.' "Really..." he leaned his head against the wall. 'But it might not be like that tomorrow. I caught myself thinking like that. Even though... Someone finally told me that I'm fine as I am... That it's fine even if I don't have anything... Because that's who I am... Even though they told me that... Dreams are far away...' "Why..." 'Yet reality is so close. I don't have anything that I want, but I think I would hate to lose something.'

He curled up in a ball, sitting on the cold floor. 'Is this just selfishness? Is it a wish? I want them to keep smiling, that's all. I'll be happy enough with just that. I wonder if it's greedy of me to think that way. I won't say I want anything anymore, so...' "My crims are too heavy for them." His hand gripped his arm tighter. 'I don't need anything anymore. I don't need anything, so... Please don't take anything else from me...' Jyugo wept, tears rolling down his entire face as he cried, clenching a hand in his hair. 'Can I become free if it gets any easier, I wonder?' "Someone... Please help me."

"Jyugo?" a voice called out to him and he froze, slowly looking up to meet the wide eyes and surprised expression of Akiri. She rushed towards him, grabbing his cheeks with her hands, forcing him to look left and right as she checked for any injuries that had caused him to cry. "What's wrong? Are you in pain? Why are you crying?"