Breakout 17

Hearing the cell door open, Akiri's eyes fluttered open. Sitting up, she pushed her hair back and took out the earplugs that served no use to her. Truth be told, the earplugs never worked from the beginning to drown out the noise. Akiri could still hear everything and everyone, but would just pretend to be asleep most of the time.

So, when Jyugo and Uno started talking, Akiri immediately woke up. She felt somewhat bad for eavesdropping on an emotional conversation between the two boys, but there was something that she had to confirm.

Quietly getting up from her futon, she grabbed her weapons hidden with mist flames and slipped out of the shared cell. Her footsteps didn't make a single sound as she walked through the halls, following to where Jyugo went.

When she made it to the rooftop, the dark sky was full of shining stars. There, she saw Jyugo who was leaning against the railing, a hand on his cheek as he smiled, blushing. She smiled, but it soon disappeared as a blond haired person appeared out of nowhere behind Jyugo.

"What's so funny?" he asked, his razor teeth grinning. "Let me in on it, too. Right... Jyugo?"

Even in the dark, Akiri could see Jyugo shaking, cold sweat running down his face. "Wh... Who are you..."

"What, have you forgotten?" He put a finger to his lip, cruelly smirking. "We used to play together a lot a long time ago, didn't we? You're as forgetful as ever, huh-"

Jyugo slapped away his hand, moving back from the unknown male. "I don't know you! Don't say stuff I don't understand."

"Hey now, did you seriously forget? Did you hit your head or something and lose your memories, huh? Heeheehee... No need to be so afraid. This is the first time I've seen you in a while, so lift your spirit a bit. You've gotta be full of energy above all else."

Akiri raised a brow, still hiding in the shadows. 'Memory loss? Who the hell is this dotard? He has a dangerous feel to him, but there's something else about him... Something akin to mist flames?'

"What the hell have you been talking about... More importantly, how the hell did you get in here? You're not a guard, right?" 'This is strange. I've never seen a guard around the same age as me before... Even if I assume he's an inmate, there shouldn't be anyone else besides me who can get out... Just who is...'

"Don't glare at me like that." Jyugo stood still with wide eyes as he stabbed a knife into his stomach. "I'll get irritated."

Akiri jumped in, appearing between the two as she kicked the man back, causing him to look at her in shock. He landed on the ground staring at her with a sadistic expression.

"Looks like Hibari Akiri decided to join us as well," he said, smirking as his green eyes held hidden intent.

"H-Hibari?" Jyugo blurted out in surprise and Akiri pushed him behind her. Her eyes steeled as she looked over her shoulder to where Jyugo was stabbed.

"As I thought... There's no wound," she mumbled and Jyugo flinched in shock as sweat rolled down his face as he touched where he was stabbed. 'How...?' She looked at the blond male, glaring. 'It's not mist flames, there were no flames... But how was there no wound if he clearly stabbed Jyugo?'

Jyugo gulped behind her. 'Just now... There was definitely a sensation... What was that just now? There's something wrong... With this guy. Is this person even human?'

"At any rate, this place is way too huge. I had a hard time getting here. Even though I finally got to see you, you've forgotten all about me. Moreover you're more boring now than you used to be. You were a more interesting existence to me back then. Isn't it because you're in a place like this?" he said aloud, bringing his thumb to his mouth. "We would have already finished with this bothersome matter if that guy hadn't set you free back then. I wouldn't have to come to a place like Nanba either." He then tilted his head. "Well, I would have probably had to come to Nanba to catch that girl since she would be by herself and not with her comrades."