Breakout 15

Akiri wore a red dress with a rose clip in her hair. She stood away from the crowd, standing in the empty corner of the room. She didn't understand why she couldn't leave the party yet, she had already stayed for two hours and that was enough. She quietly sighed, bringing the glass of apple cider to her mouth and taking a sip.

"Akiri." Akiri pulled the glass away from her lips and looked over to see Dino approaching her. "It's been a while."

"Hn. Clumsy-Dotard," she greeted and Dino could only smile.

"I didn't expect you guys to show up to the party," the blond said, trying to make conversation with the girl. "Is there a reason why Varia showed up today?"

"Misson."

"Hmm." He hummed and then took a good look at her. "You look very beautiful today Akiri. Is that guy not going to ask to dance with you?" Dino (teasingly) questioned and Akiri twitched, blushing slightly. If he teased her like this during a spar then she would have knocked him unconscious. Only a few people knew of Akiri's subtle crush on that guy, them being Dino, Mukuro, Byakuran, Lussuria, and Reborn (she has a feeling Fon knew as well though).

"Hn. Shut your mouth, Clumsy-Dotard or else I'll beat you to death," she threatened and Dino chuckled, putting his hands up in defeat.

"Well if he isn't going to dance with you..." Dino extended his hand out to her. "Mind if I do?" He then leaned in close, whispering in her ear. "You might make him jealous if you dance with another man."

He moved back, still holding out his hand for her. Akiri stared at it for a few seconds before reaching to grab it, only for someone else to grab her hand from behind her. "Tch. She's taken, trash."

Dino looked over at the scowling male now standing next to Akiri. "Xanxus," Dino said, smiling. "I didn't know Akiri had a partner, I apologize." He took a step back, hands in his pocket whilst keeping his knowing smile. "Well then, I'll see you two around, I have to greet some other guests." He turned away, waving over his shoulder. "Have fun." He sent a wink at Akiri over his shoulder and mentally she thanked him.

Xanxus clicked his tongue again as he watched Dino fade into the crowd and looked down at Akiri who was looking up at him. He let go of her small hand and took off his black jacket, handing it to her. "Cover up trash. All those scummy scum are staring at you." She blinked, taking Xanxus' jacket and sliding it over her shoulders without any retaliation. She noted that his jacket was warm and smelt like him, a mix of cologne and gunpowder (it was a nice smell to her). "Let's go, the trash finished the mission."

"Hn."

Xanxus took one last look at her and nodded before turning around. "You look good in that dress... Akiri."

"Thank you... Xanxus." If Xanxus hadn't turned around, he would have seen the priceless sight of a smile and blush coating Akiri's face.

Suddenly, the world cracked and Akiri's eyes groggily opened. The poking of her cheek stopped and she glanced over to see Hajime had stopped poking her with a stick. "Wake up, #0."

Akiri sat up, staring into space, still dazed. 

She missed her home and family.

She missed Xanxus. 

Liang looked confused as Rock greeted him with a "Yo!" and a bright smile.

Sitting at the table with his rival was Jyugo, Uno, and Akiri. The braided haired male looked wary. "What do you want?" he asked as he sat down. Rock held a slice of pizza in front of him. "Huh?"