5

Yoongi rubbed his scratchy eyes and looked around. The room was fairly empty, with light yellow paint and a couple of boxes stacked in the corner. There was only one thing on his mind, his mom. Yoongi jumped up and ran out of the room. Spotting the edge of a counter, he raced into the kitchen. 

"Woah there, buddy." Taehyung caught the Yoongi in his arms. "Where are you running to?"

"What time is it? I have to be home." Taehyung sighed, biting his lip. 

"I can't let you go."

"What!" The elder jerked back in surprise, giving Yoongi the time to escape. He bolted to the nearest window, desperately pulling and slamming his fist into the thick glass. He yelled in anguish before finding the front door, trying to use his weight to force it open. Taehyung watched with wary eyes until the younger grew too tired to fight.

"Come here." He held his hand out. "Let's have a talk." Yoongi grasped the elder's hand tightly in defeat and let himself be led to the living room. Letting go of Yoongi's hand, Taehyung took a seat on the couch and pulled the younger into his lap. 

"Jungkookie and I can't let you go back home."

"But why not?" Tae blinked in surprise at how upset Yoongi seemed.

"Your momma isn't good for you, sweetie."

"She needs me." Jungkook froze in the doorway, eyes wide. Yoongi spotted him just over Tae's shoulder.

"Kookie! Please take me home! Taehyung-ah says I can't go." Jungkook sighed and knelt to his level.

"Baby..." Tears filled the younger's eyes. "I know, I know. But you can-" He reached out but Yoongi pushed him away and ran into the nearest room, slamming the door.

"What do we do?" Jungkook asked, standing up. Taehyung followed. 

"I think we should just let him be. All the windows and doors are secured. He's clearly upset and we'll be here when he's ready."

Yoongi collapsed on the soft rug of Jungkook's and Taehyung's bedroom. Hot tears stained his pink cheeks as he wept. His small hands wiped furiously across his face but the tears kept flowing. Yoongi spotted a window just behind the bed. He raced over and began pulling and banging. He didn't stop until his fists were a bright red and he'd run out of tears.

Jungkook opened the door a sliver, looking over the crying boy, now slumped in his bed. 

"Yoongi, baby?" The younger jolted up, wiping his face on his arm. Jungkook slowly entered the room and sat in front of him. Regarding him with wary eyes, Yoongi wrapped his arms around himself.

"I know you're scared and worried about your mom," he held out his hand, palm up. Jungkook watched with sad eyes as Yoongi hesitated to take his hand. "But we won't hurt you, baby. We'll have a big talk with Taehyung too when you're ready. I just wanted to tell you something. Is that okay?" Yoongi nodded.

"I know living with us and being away from your mom is scary. But we're still the same people as before okay? We'd never hurt you, we want you to feel safe and loved. Here," he stood up and rifled through a moving box.

"Taehyung and I picked him out for you," Jungkook held out a small pink stuffed llama. "I hope you like him." Yoongi smiled softly and held the llama against his chest. "He's weighted with little glass beads, and we can stick him in the microwave to make him all nice and warm for you." The younger held the llama out to Jungkook.

"Yes please."

"Okay, do you want to come with me, or wait here?"

"I come with chu."

"Okay, little one."