13

Yoongi pulled the recipe off the printer and walked it to the kitchen, setting it on the counter by Jungkook who was pulling various ingredients from the cupboard. Taehyung started the oven pre-heating and covered the cookie sheets with parchment paper.

"I hope they like them," Yoongi commented, biting his lip nervously. Taehyung reached over and gently pulled Yoongi's lip from his teeth with his thumb.

"Don't worry, everyone loves a good, warm chocolate chip cookie." Yoongi smiled shyly.

"That's true." Jungkook measured and whisked the dry ingredients together while Yoongi mixed the wet ingredients with a spatula. Once the wet and dry ingredients were thoroughly combined, Taehyung began spooning out spoons of dough onto the sheets. Yoongi and Jungkook washed their hands and began washing the dishes. Taehyung stuck the cookies into the warm oven.

A little less than 20 minutes later, the oven timer beeped. Jungkook opened the oven in one grand gesture, setting the cookies to cool. Yoongi marveled at them with hungry eyes. Jungkook chuckled, patting the younger's head.

"You can have one once they cool." Yoongi jumped in excitement.

"Yes!" The two settled at the kitchen table while Taehyung jumped into the shower to wash the various substances from his clothing and hair. Yoongi swung his legs and fidgetted nervously.

"Jungkook?"

"Yes, love?"

"How come you go into littlespace? You guys said I should try it since I grew up too fast. Is that why you do it?" Now Jungkook was the one fidgetting.

"I guess so." Yoongi pouted, pulling his knees up under his chin.

"What's that supposed to meannn?" He whined.

"It means I'm not ready to tell you!" Jungkook shouted, his ear burning a deep red. Eyes tearing up, the younger hid behind his knees as the tears started flowing. He sniffed pathetically, wiping his nose on his flour-covered sleeve. Jungkook froze.

"W- Yoongi, hey... I'm sorry okay? Don't cry, I didn't mean to yell." Yoongi scrunched up his face, his breathing heavy and irregular. Jungkook rounded the table slowly, squatting next to him.

"Come here, love. I'm sorry." Yoongi launched himself into Jungkook's lap, and the two sat together on the kitchen floor. Jungkook rubbed the younger's back soothingly. "Let it out. It's okay." Yoongi cried into Jungkook's neck until he'd run out of tears. Jungkook smiled as the younger's sobs subsided.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell or make you upset."

"I forgive you."

"Thank you."

"I tend to get defensive when people ask about my past; it was a hard time for me." Yoongi nuzzles into his neck, hoping for the elder to continue but not wanting to ask.

"I was never left alone as a kid. Even though my dad was never in my life. My mom got into drugs early and sold her body to keep the apartment. Her bedroom was almost always locked." Yoongi held his breath.

"When it wasn't locked, she was selling me away. Letting different men do what they wanted with me." The younger shifted so he was facing Jungkook on his lap, hugging him.

"In the 7 years Taehyung and I have been together, we've never done anything sexual. Not even on our wedding day. It's too triggering, no matter how much I want it." Yoongi kissed Jungkook's cheek and rubbed their noses together.

"None of those things make you any less of a person. And if me being here helps you in even the smallest way, I'm happy to be here. I'm sure Taehyung loves you despite anything and will continue to do so." Jungkook smiled with watery eyes.