Chapter 23- Deals

Chapter 23

Sav's POV

I woke up on my ever so comfortable bed and sat up. Even if my head hurts from the sudden movement, I couldn't help but smile at my last night's good memories with Sam.

We kissed.

Flashback

"Deal!" I exclaimed. If this was tag, it depends. I'm smarter but smaller. He's taller.

Why did I say deal in the first place?

Our rooftop was big but too small for tag so we decided that we do it by the street. As we got downstairs, we saw Shane in the living room watching Netflix, being one of the most perfect couch potatoes.

"Where are you going?" He asked, moving his face to the left so he could see us since his laptop was blocking his sight.

"Just there on the street." I replied, he sighed.

"If you kids get hurt one single bit, I'll kill you and trust me, you wouldn't get to sleep at night." He went back to watching on his laptop.

Sam and I went out and he closed the door on his back. "How do we settle the 'it'?" He asked, brushing his hair away from his forehead and fixing his eyeglasses.

"Rock, paper, scissors." I replied. We moved closer to each other, making our fists face each other. "The person who didn't get three points first will be the it."

"Rock, paper, scissors!" We shouted in unison.

After the game, he eventually lost so he was the 'it'. At this time, he was running for me. People who were passing by thought that we were childish teenagers roaming around, not knowing what to do.

I turned to the right, making my pace faster and faster. I don't think he's right behind me, because I don't hear any footsteps from behind me.

I looked over my shoulder but still kept on running until I hit a firm chest.

Oh sh1t.

I looked up, just as what I was expecting.

Sam.

"Boo."

I screamed and went to the other direction and went to the left. I've never run so fast in my life before.

I looked behind me. He was quite far like he slowed down.

I still ran.

Hiding behind the trashbins, I swore in my dear life that I would keep my mouth shut and not make a single move even if there's a cockroach behind me. I covered my mouth as I saw his shadow, like he was a serial killer or something.

"Sav, Sav." He said in a mischevious voice. I heard his footsteps. "Where are you?" It was nothing like asking, probably teasing me.

"Oh there you are!" He exclaimed. I screamed. I ran again.

-Flashback ended-

I didn't realize that I was staring and grinning at the same time.

Actually, my phone was ringing.

I grunted and stood up. I walked to my phone on my bedside. As I looked at the screen, it was Chloe.

I pressed the green button and held it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, remembering what happened at the mall.

"Hi, Savanna." She sounded depressed.

"What's up?" I said, even though it's nothing like how I greet Chloe. "Looks like somebody's not happy."