Chapter 9

The ride to the airport was kinda awkward. Wayne drove and didn't say a word the whole ride. I kept stealing glances at him, he would shoot me looks and cock his head up at me but then would put his attention back on the road. I was miserable, how I wish I could have stayed another night like he wanted, but I knew it didn't matter if I left today or tomorrow, I would never want to leave this man. Wayne parked the car and got out to walk me in.

It took a matter of seconds before people started circling us, recognizing him, they wanted autographs and pictures. Wayne politely told them he would have to catch them on the way out. People watched me questionably, it wasn't long before I too had a camera in front of my face and the questions began. Who was I, were we in a relationship, where were we going. Wayne grabbed my hand pulling me past them, never paying anyone any attention. "I'm sorry", he said to me after a minute. I squeezed his hand and he pulled me closer to him. Wane walked me as far as he could. Pulling me into his arms he gave me long kisses goodbye. I could feel all kind of eyes on me but they were no concern of mine. All I was focused on was Wayne. "If I asked you one more time to stay would you", he asked. I held on to him. "You don't know how bad I want to, if it wasn't for my job, for Fallon..." tears started falling down my face. Wayne Kissed my forehead wiping tears from my eyes. "I'll call you tonight." Walking away he held my hands until the distance between us became to great to hold on.

Boarding the plane I could feel eyes on me as tears streamed down my face. The stewardess felt so sorry for me she brought me tissues, a pillow, and a glass of wine. I tried to fall asleep but every time I closed my eyes I would see Wayne. The ride was the longest 2 1/2 hours of my life. When the plane landed I had the biggest headache I think I have ever had. I'm sure my eyes were red and puffy. The same driver from Friday met me at gate. He was holding a huge vase full of roses. Smiling as he saw me he handed me the vase and we walked to get my bags. After I made it in the car I pulled the card from the vase. It read I miss you already baby. I smiled to myself, I missed that crazy ass boy too. God did I miss Wayne. The rest of my ride I spent deep in though. Would I ever see him again, he had told me he wasn't ready to quit me, but what the hell did that mean.

I made it home close to 8. I didn't want to be alone so I went ahead and picked Fallon up from Ryan's. I was exhausted, Fallon of course was hyper running around like she was c crazy. I unpacked my bags and threw a load of laundry in the washing machine. As soon as I had Rowan asleep I jumped in the shower. I was laying in the bed drifting off to sleep when I heard my phone ring. The sound of Wayne's voice on the other end was enough to make me crave him. We talked almost an hour and then we ended up texting till after midnight, when he insisted I go to sleep. I put in my headphones and listened to my Lil Wayne play list until I fell asleep.

I awoke sometime in the middle of the night jumping straight up and reaching out. I was reaching for Wayne and he wasn't there. My room was pitch black except for the dim glow coming from the moon. I grabbed my phone and texted Wayne, "I miss you." I really didn't' expect it to chime as I was laying it back down. I about dropped the phone trying to open my message. "Miss you too, baby you need to take your ass to bed, what I'm not there to put you to sleep." I grinned to myself typing "Exactly, you spoiled me." When my phone rang I already knew who it was not even bothering to wait to see who it was I answered. "How am I sposta sleep with your ass calling me?" Wayne laughed, "Your ass ain't even here and your keeping me up." I grinned to myself. "Wayne you and I both know you wasn't asleep." Wayne sighed. "You should have stayed with me baby." I frowned to myself. "You know I didn't want to go." Wayne laughed" I know cause all my bitches love me. " Knowing his song, I rolled my eyes, "Wayne shut the fuck up."

We talked a little bit longer before he insisted I go back to sleep, or at least try. He promised he would call or text in the morning. I fell asleep thinking of him, of our weekend getaway. Wayne was crazy and I, well I was a girl in love wtih a man I knew I could never settle down. I had already gotten more out of him than I could ever expect, if you could ever even expect anything from him. I had been afraid that after we parted ways in Las Vegas that I would never hear from him again, but at least for now it seemed I had somehow captured his attention. Call me crazy but I would take whatever Wayne had to offer, I might end up with a broken heart, but Wayne was all worth it to me. Ms. Average had just spent her weekend with Lil Wayne and wouldn't trade it for anything in this world.