Chapter Three: Rock-Reading

Kiria fell back into Asuiri, eyes (or eye) wide with fear. "W-Who are you?!" she gasped.

        'Sh, sh! Pretend you're me! Pretend you're me!' Shizira begged.

        "I'm... Shizira? We went over this at lunch."

        From somewhere deep within her subconcious, he stirred. 'Oh dear God no...'

        "You are not Shi!" Asuiri said fiercely, still holding the smaller girl.

        "I am Shi, Asuiri, honestly. I figured even you of all people would see that. Now, Kiria, do you want me to read that rock?"

        'Raviel, stop it, stop it...'

        "Kiria?" Asuiri questioned the stunned green-and-goldette.

        "Y...you're lying, and I can tell..." Kiria said with a gasp.

        'Raviel, I told you no!'

        "I'm not lying, Kiria. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be back soon. Feel free to do whatever in here." With that, Shizira left the room, closing the door on her guests.

        "I don't know what happened, but that was random. And that was not Kiria for about half a second." In the mirror an image rippled, and a translucent somewhat-photocopy of Shizira appeared beside her.

        "What do you mean?" the real Shizira whispered.

        "I MEAN that wasn't Kiria, you idiot!" the doppelganger spat.

      "What's that supposed to mean!?" 

        "She was possessed by something, you bratty moron. Honestly, I could see that blind-folded. And you call yourself a mage."

        "Shut up, I'm not an exorcist."

        "Why were you trying to exorcise me the other day, then?"

        "Oh G-God...," Kiria moaned. "Quit informing me of this."

        "What?" Asuiri asked, very confused. "What's going on, Ki-Ki?"

        "He already has a pet name for you. Great job, you made a friend."

        "I-I'm sorry...," Kiria cried, tears streaming down her face. "I-It's the damn r-rock..."

        The boy blinked in surprise, his green-gold eyes wide. "N-No! Don't cry, hey hey hey, don't cry! You wanna see my penguin book bag charm? I made it myself!" He tried smiling for her benefit, thinking maybe a happy face would calm Ki-Ki down.

       And at that moment, Shizira came back in. She looked unfazed by her own disappearance. The ravenette looked down at Kiria with concern.

        "Kiria, are you okay? Why are you crying? Is something wrong?"

        "Th-That's what I should ask y-you!" she sobbed, leaning against a panicked-looking Asuiri for support. "What are you?! Wh-What happened! And why is it happening to me?" Her tears made both boy and girl uncomfortable. The translucent Shizira-copy, Izira, stood nearby with her arms crossed. Carefully striding over, she stood to the exposed side of Kiria and knelt down, leaning into her ear.

        "Whoever or whatever you are in there, make the goddamn girl calm down. She's gonna blow out all her bodily fluid at this rate... and as far as she is concerned, I do not exist. Pretend I do not exist. What you saw was an accident and an accident alone caused by your stupid rock."