Chapter Fourteen: Asuiri

(Author's Note: OMG LOOK AT THE THING MEDIA GO TO WOLFOFTHENORTH'S PAGE SHE'S AB-SO-LU-TLEY AMAZUS! Okay o back to your Izi-chan and unnamed-new person)

Her new shiny thing was even shinier in the sunlight. Very shiny. She wanted more shiny things, but she wasn't sure where to get any. So she did the logical thing: stalk the town until she was either chased down by more thieves and thugs, find her shiny things, or find out where to get shiny things.

At this point people began to just stay indoors whenever she came into town, with the exception of a few stubborn shopkeepers. She looked around, hoping to find something, when the glimmer of something caught her eye. She raced towards it, the stubborn and obviously scared shopkeeper crouching behind her whole set up.

The girl inspected the table of glitteries: nothing but armbands and wristbands, with a few exceptions.She didn't mind, though. They were all still pretty.

She reached out for a few pairs and looked over the desk, smiling at the poor shopkeeper.

"Can I have these?" she asked politely.

She didn't even check to see what it was as she yelled, "I don't care! Take the whole table, just get out of here!"

"Alright!" she happily complied. She reached over and grabbed the remaining armbands and wristbands. They looked pretty big... oh well, they would look nice on her ankles and thighs!

======================

School was bland and uneventful that day, aside from Yugi and Ryou being back from... where did they go? Oh well, Kiria would have to ask one of them later.

She sat at the desk in her room, working on homework. She had no idea what Axel and Hamon were doing in the other room, but she'd be worried when the noise stopped.

Then she heard the door open.

"Hey Shi," Axel greeted. "Did you bring the book? I wanna ask you something."

"Yeah," Shizira answered.

"I was thinking, and- hey Kiria, finish your homework later!" The door opened and Axel picked her sister up from the chair, holding the smaller girl bridal style.

"Axel," she grumbled. "Please put me down."

Axel did as she was asked. "So, Kiria, do you remember the other day when Izira flipped to the page with the spell we did?"

"Yes, what of it?"

"Well, if I'm remembering right, then there was a new thing on that page. I mean, there was three figures instead of just Hamon and Raviel. Shizira, can we see that page, please?"

Shizira put the book down on the table and gently opened it to the exact page. They all studied the two pages of text closely.

Three figures were on the page, on the far left a very bulky, blue and purple figure, in the middle, a yellow and gold skeleton-like creature, and on the far right, a large red serpent-like dragon. Arrows and dots and strange symbols also littered the page, seeming impossible to decipher, unless you could read Egyptian.

"Can you read any of this?" Kiria asked. Shizira looked over the page.

"Only some of it," Shizira told them. She looked up and down the page, hoping something interesting would appear.

Kiria picked up her bookbag. "I'm gonna go get some stuff," was all she said as she closed the door.

"My God, I love her to death, but I get no homework done when she's around," Kiria complained mostly to herself, Raviel listening. Kiria walked into Domino park, as it was a nice day and there wasn't too many distractions.