Chapter Forty-Seven: Lavendra and Uria

Malice was the first one up, as usual. She sat up and rolled out of bed, right onto a pile of dirty clothes. She hated cleaning. She'd do it later.

She rolled out into the living room Sonic-style and sat on the couch. Hey, it was Sunday! That meant no good cartoons were on, which was saddening.

Deciding to wake Atool up instead of letting her get up on her own, she flopped off the couch and crawled into Ki-Ki and Atool's room. Malice hated walking in the morning when the carpeted floor was so soft compared to the hot sands of Egypt.

Malice hadn't thought about Egypt in a long time. She didn't consider it her home anymore. Malice had discovered home was where the people you love are. That meant Japan was her home, because it had her family there. Atool and Ki-Ki and Asu and Shi and even Izi, even though she did hurt her. Malice didn't care about that anymore cos Izi brought Atool here. That meant she was good, right?

Malice crawled into Atool's bed. When Atool didn't do anything in response, Malice licked her arm. Atool's eyes opened.

"...Malice? Did you just lick me?" She asked, half awake and still awfully sleepy.

"G'mornin', sleepy-head!" Malice replied cheerily and in a whisper-y voice. She slid out of the bed and pulled Atool out by her arm, Atool nearly falling on the floor.

Malice dragged Atool into the kitchen. "Please please PLEASSSSSSE make waffles!"

"I think the spit dried," Atool commented as she pulled out the milk. "And, uh... I can only make burnt waffles."

"That's okay!" Malice exclaimed a little too loud for the time of morning.

"Fine. You should've woke up Kiria for breakfast, Malice," Axel complained.

"But I like spending mornings with you," Malice whined. "Even when you're as grumpy as Izi."

To that, Axel laughed. It was sweet hearing someone other than Kiria say 'I love you', even if it was indirect.

Malice turned the channel to a rerun of some cartoon and pulled out her coloring set from under the table. She decided to draw a picture of Uria.

"Uria," she said in Egyptian, "come here for a second."

As useful as speaking Japanese was, Malice preferred her native language. It was easier for her to speak.

"Coming!" the spirit called back in a chipper voice. Uria stepped out of Malice's room and slid next to her on the couch. "What did you want?"

"Just sit there, okay? I wanna draw you," Malice explained. Uria's head bobbed up and down quickly, and she sat still as a board.

Malice started to draw Uria, looking up at her occasionally for reference, and then back to the drawing.

"You g-guys were up before me again?" Ki-Ki questioned as she stepped out of her and Atool's room.

"Yup," Atool grunted. Malice looked up to see the green-goldette looking at them both sleepily with her one eye. Did Ki-Ki only have one eye? If not, why doesn't she wear her hair different so she can see out of both?

Malice put down her red pencil and hopped up to Ki-Ki and flipped her hair up so quickly Ki-Ki didn't even know Malice was there. Yup, Ki-Ki definitely had two eyes , two really purple-y eyes. They were both pretty; Malice wished her eyes were pretty. Were they?

"Are my eyes pretty too?" Malice asked a currently stunned Ki-Ki.

"Uh... sure?" came a tired and somewhat confused response.