Chapter Thirty-Two: Zoo and Her Dad

Kiria gently took Malice's hand as they approached the zoo. She didn't want her to run off, what with all the noise, celebration, fun and all. They paid the entry fee, and each of their hands were pressed with a red stamp. Because Malice's skin was so dark, however, they used a blue stamp to make it stand out more. The Egyptian wouldn't stop obsessing over it, sniffing the scented ink and eventually trying to eat it. Axel had to gently explain that you couldn't eat it.

        They walked down the tiled plaza towards the Antarctic and Aquatic area. It was decorated in a fake iceberg entry gate, swooping above their heads. Cold blue plants and "snow" surrounded them to add atmosphere. Kiria approached the familiar tiered seating for the Penguin Exhibit, seeing two very prominent backs. One had long, black hair and the other had the more obvious blue fluff. Both were talking, sitting in the same seats they always sat at, and it looked like Shizira was trying to protect her popcorn.

        Malice broke Axel's grip and ran forward, snagging the open bag from Shizira's hands, beginning to eat the popcorn. She turned around, making a shocked noise that Kiria could barely hear over the atmospheric music playing.

        "Malice!" Axel chided, dashing forward. "You need to ask first!"

        "Malice sorry!"

        "You don't seem like it!"

        Kiria sank into the plastic seating between Asuiri and Shizira, the latter of them being preoccupied with staring in annoyance at the glass tank.

        "I'm sorry about that, Shizira," Kiria apologized.

        "Don't mention it. I need to get used to having my popcorn stolen." Shi cast an angry glance in the direction of Malice and Axel, who were busy out-doing each other in how much popcorn they could eat. "I don't think I'll get used to the lack of etiquette, though."

        "It's a special thing," Kiria sighed. "What have you guys been doing?"

        "We made it just at the end of the last show, so now Asuiri's determined to wait here until they do the next one. Even though it is two hours away, and we could be better spending this time looking at the fish~" It was obvious Shizira was trying to change Asu's mind.

        "But Shi~! What if we miss it again?"

        "The fish are a simple walk away! We'd easily be back in time for your penguins."

        "Shi! I am not moving!"

        "I'll buy you ice-cream if you let us go look at the fish. I'm going to get roasted under this plastic awning."

        "It's supposed to shade you, though."

        "It's failing."

        Kiria couldn't stop staring at Asuiri in a white muscle shirt, without his jacket and body on display. He wasn't exactly a body-builder, but he wasn't gangly. He was also wearing blue shorts, and his normal boots.

        "Don't drool too hard," a voice whispered in her ear, chuckling. Kiria turned around and blushed, diverting her eyes from her boyfriend.

        "Shi!"

        "Aw, relax. I'm teasing, you know? You're both adorable, as icky as romance is. Maybe he'll listen to you. Any exhibit you want to go to?"

        "Whatever you guys want is fine."

        "You aren't helping me persuade Stubborn Bum here to go see the fish." Shizira paused, giving a wicked grin. "I heard they have a new aquatic exhibit where you can dive with the penguins in-between shows, but you have to go to the aquarium to get a pass."