Chapter Eight: Ghost Chat

Kiria stared at her untouched plate, still dazed and confused from earlier. Magic, magic, magic... it's amazing... 

        "Ki-Ki? Why aren't you eating?" Asuiri inquired. He watched as she continued to stare at her plate in amazement and wonder. "You look like you wanna marry your food."

        "Hm?" Kiria sat up more straight, snapping out of her thoughts. She took a single bite of her burger and set it down, already full. 

        "You hardly ever eat," Raviel pointed out. "Relax a little, okay? Your pathetically possessed friend bought this food and you won't even eat it?"

        Kiria ignored him.

        "Will you shut up?" snarled Izira. She sat on the back of Shizira's booth, across from Raviel sitting on his mistress's booth, casually sharpening a non-existent knife.

        "For the record, every time I've ever seen you, you've been in some way, shape or form, holding a knife."

        "I enjoy them."

        "Obviously. So why exactly were your hurting my mistress and her friend, even though we both know we'd both hurt the other if we did so?"

       " For your information, you asshat, it was you who hurt her first. She was sobbing like a maniac in that awfully tiny room of hers. You broke her heart, and since I was in the mood to play a little, it all worked out perfectly. Why do you even listen to the Cockwaffle Shortstack Lavender-eyes here? She's no threat to you... unlike this mutt is to me." Shizira kicked an invisible foot at the back of her host's head, but it simply glided right through to her annoyance.

        " It was her choice to tell, not mine." He completely dismissed Izira's question.

        "Not the point here, Cheese-wagger. Answer me." She sounded annoyed. More so than usual.

        "Why should I tell someone like you?" he retaliated.

        "I don't know... why did I intentionally stab your host? Mysteries, mysteries," she nonchalantly twirled the knife around, before tapping the tip gently against her nose. "Point being, whore-licorice delight, Curiosity is what kills the cat. In my case, however, it is the curious cat who likes to kill. Not you, not anymore, no - but someone else, maybe. I enjoy answers. Could you divulge some?"

        "Well, for your information, I actually respect  my host. Nor am I manipulative." Kiria's eyes went wide.

        "Aren't you just a lovely little wanker. Tch. I deplore your antagonizing attitude towards me. You know nothing about me... but then again, neither do I. I'm just a drifting entity floating in the universe, unable to feel and knowing not who I was. I have no purpose except to find what I once was... and for that, I must kill that god-damn spirit within the tiny Mouto teapot extraordinaire."

        "What do you mean?"

        "I mean that both the Mouto asswipe and the... tolerable Baka-chan have within them a darkness akin to I. There is evil closer than you think, and not just me." Izira gave one of her winning, bone-chilling Cheshire Cat smiles.

        "I meant the bit about... nevermind. Also, I''m curious... do you even remember your own name?"

       "Oh." Her tone seemed to soften, which seemed impossible in itself. She leaned forward, resting her folded arms upon her knees, hand still gripping the knife. "You meant not knowing, not feeling. To be honest, I've been rotting away in those earrings for hundreds of years. I couldn't feel, couldn't enjoy the sensation of touch. When I first possessed this brat's body, I - I had forgotten how to breathe. Touching became this amazing wonder. Even now, I still take the time to enjoy it when I can. I don't know who I am, and I've forgotten everything except vague desires like wisps nudging a heart blacker than abyss. I don't know my old name... but I call myself Izira. I can assume you aren't stupid enough to not see where that came from, but I could be mistaken."