Chapter Fifty-Six: Bloodlustful Desires

It had to be at least three in the morning. While Kiria and Shizira had gone to sleep during a movie about five hours ago, Raviel couldn't stay in his rock for more then a minute without it feeling like an eternity. It had been about a month since he had satisfied his thirst for death. He didn't want to, but he needed to. He needed to stop putting it off.

But his mistress was so tired, and looked so comfortable in her sleep. Axel had been kind enough to bring some sleepover supplies when Kiria had called earlier that evening, and she looked so at peace cuddling next to Shizira on the couch.

What on earth should he do? What choice did he even have? He needed to get it out of his system. Oh, he just needed to.

Raviel opened Kiria's eyes, seeing through them. He hoped he didn't run into any trouble tonight. He chose not to do any research tonight. He was too twitchy.

Slipping out of the blanket and through the door, he heard a sound to his left. Quickly he ducked back inside, closing the door. He didn't want to get caught.

"C-Can't get caught," he whispered to himself under breath.

"Too late," a snarky voice replied behind him.

He must've hit the ceiling he jumped so high. "Izira, don't do that!" he hissed.

"Good God above, get a hold of yourself. You look like a train wreck."

"For your information, I am a train wreck right now. Just leave me alone." He peeked out the hallway again, and, seeing no one in the hallway, he slipped out.

"You're shaking more than a vibrator."

"Sh-shhhh! They'll hear you!" he harshly shushed. This was the worst Izira had ever seen Raviel. His eyes were almost pinpricks, and he as indeed twitching terribly.

"Calm down, okay? You don't even have a weapon or anything," Izira whispered.

"Who the hell said I needed a weapon?" The elevator rung, and a maniacal smile spread across Raviel's face. Not a Izira smile, but nearly as unsettling. "That's my cue!" he whispered to no one in particular, sounding like a giddy child on Christmas.

The moment the old woman had stepped out of the elevator Raviel was on her. He wrapped an arm around her neck and she fell to the ground. He wrapped the other hand around her mouth, and Izira watched as he did the same thing he had done with the sleeping woman from before.

She was gone in a matter of seconds, shadows leaking from her nose like cigarette smoke. As he looked at the corpse in his arms, his smile disappeared, and his pupils returned to normal.

"I can't say I'm impressed," Izira said flatly. "I expected you to do something different from the last time I saw you at work."

Raviel looked horrified. "You think I was trying to impress you?" The annoyance on his face was new. This shocked Izira, if only a little bit.

"No. I'm just saying you don't have much variety to your killings."

Raviel glared at her. Izira, in turn, sniffed and shuffled past him. She gripped the wrinkled, chilling arms of the old dead lady and began dragging her down the hall towards the cracked apartment door.

"What are you doing?!" he snapped quietly.

"Making sure your little host's ass doesn't get caught and pegged with murder, you bloody hellborn chowderhead." Izira gave him a long, hard look and smirked at him. "Unless you want the innocent wretch to get arrested and spend the rest of her shuck-shelled, wagtailed existence inside a cell."