13

[BELLA LEDFORD]
Seattle, Washington

[BELLA LEDFORD]Seattle, Washington

˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚

Working for the family business meant taking around-the-world trips for conferences and link ups to broaden the already wide network of people associated with the company. At least, that's what Bella took away from what Ethan told her.

After the big reunion, Jackson insisted on hooking Bella up to an IV to help her get over the alcohol she consumed faster. At first, she fought it because she didn't want to be sober. Firstly, there was no reason for her to be anything but drunk. Secondly, it felt like she was wasting away an amazing bottle of wine by flushing it out of her system so fast.

"I have a surgery in about twenty minutes, so I need to go," Jackson shared with Bella while he made sure she was comfortable and had everything she needed. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her yet he acted like she went through a major operation. He also appeared rather confused, and somewhat worried about the state he found Bella in, but it was almost like he couldn't do much about it because of her brother present. "You have to stay in this bed and wait until all that IV is gone. I will come back after I'm done so please, make sure the bed isn't waiting for me empty."

"Yes, dad," Bella saluted as she looked at him and she almost started chuckling at the seriousness plastered all across Jackson's face. Reaching up with her index finger pointed, he wrapped his hand around hers, fisting it up which practically made Bella's disappear. "Woah," she whispered, looking at their hands before her eyes travelled up to his and she started laughing.

"Don't worry, mate, I'll make sure she stays in bed," Ethan spoke to Jackson which ultimately resulted in the Avery doctor turning towards him. Bella's hand dropped and she pouted. Jackson nodded at his response, then took one last glance at the neurosurgeon hooked up to the IV, and left. "So, you and him?" the brother asked once they were alone, and if Bella had been drinking something, the liquid would've shot through her nose right away.

"Me and who?" she asked as though the words slipped past her ears and she needed him to repeat it.

"Dr Avery, is it?" he guessed. "He is a fine man, I will admit but do you really want to make it awkward for yourself?"

"Shut up, dickhead," she grunted, while somehow managing to move her arm quite so much that it pulled the IV with her. "Why are you here? Do you need something?"

Ethan sighed. He leaned back in his chair with a furrow to his brows, concern rushing through his eyes like lights. Years of not seeing one another couldn't dent the relationship between the pair of siblings. Hyperaware and constantly worried about everything and everyone close to her, it didn't take a lot for Bella to pick up on her brother's sudden switch of behaviour.

"It's—It's nothing," the final answer was underwhelming and really quite disappointing. Granted, Ethan could never share his emotions nor his thoughts unless those things revolved around business chatter, therefore Bella found it difficult to be surprised.