24

"Sweet little things always makes my heart flutter."- MSAY59

Brielle woke up and scanned the surroundings. The room was really magnificent. The bed is Queen sized and there is a three-door. One should be to the bathroom and one should be the closet and the other one should be the path going outside.

Brielle went to the bathroom and it was so huge. There's a bathtub, a shower and it was well organized. Everything they needed is completely in here.

There were two toothbrushes of different color the one is Black and the one is Baby Blue. She picked the baby blue and brushed her teeth. Afterwards, she heads out.

She heard someone talking in the room and decided to knock and took a peek. She saw Evann talking on the phone and when he saw her. He ended the call.

"Should I prepare breakfast for you?" He asked.

"No, thank you, I can do it by my own." Brielle replied and smiled.

He then furrowed his brows after remembering something. "Aren't you going to apologize to your husband for not saying any word for five days?"

It's like Evann's angry for not updating him about anything at all. He sure was worried about her.

Brielle wanted to escape in this battle. "I thought we mind our own business?"

"Brie, we are married." He pointed out and he leaned on his table while crossing his arms. It's like he's saying 'Honey, we are already a couple. Shouldn't I be worried and be responsible for you?'

Brielle didn't even expect that. He should've said, Okay, let's mind our business. She was speechless for a second. He walked towards her and let her sit on the couch. He took a towel with ice and placed it on her cheek patting slowly.

Brielle couldn't even say a word. He was right. Why couldn't she trust him after all he was sincere in whatever he did for her.

"I'm sorry for keeping you wait for me." Brielle said sincerely, "I didn't mean to, I didn't know what I was doing these past five days. I just..."

Evann patted lightly in Brielle's cheeks which is being slapped by the Cameron's. He still couldn't believe this woman is explaining so much of her.

"I swear, I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't mean to miss the honeymoon." Brielle said like a cute child swearing but she was blushing from the word 'honeymoon'

Evann smiled a bit. All the while, she was thinking about honeymoon? Which Evann didn't expect from this strong, independent woman. This innocent woman makes him do stupid kinds of stuff.

"Evann, you are mocking me," Brielle grunted like a child being bullied.

Who wouldn't smile at the thought of her saying she didn't mean to forget about the honeymoon thing.

"What did you call me?" Evann asked again.

"Mr. Cheng?" Brielle asked. She slipped a while ago. She pursed her lips.

"No, the other."

This guy really wanted her to speak his name. It's like an endearment to his ears.

"You are making fun of me," Brielle argued.

Evann chuckled a bit and stood up to get a face towel to wipe Brielle's wet cheek. "Brie," he called like she was being pampered by him.

"Hmm?" Brielle asked and she checked her phone. Luckily, there was no video from yesterday or else she'll be in a total mess.

"What happened to you yesterday?" He asked like she was being interviewed because she killed somebody. He gave her the towel and wiped her wet cheeks with it.

Her face doesn't swell anymore. That slap was as hard as a stone. He threw the garbages that's need to be disposed of and on his table too.

Brielle gulped. "I'm fine, already," Brielle replied and smiled at him.

"Hmm," He replied silently. It's like, he wasn't satisfied with her answer. "I didn't like how they bully my wife."

Now, that's really touching.

Oh no, he knows. Brielle thought. Yeah right, his supposed to know everything anyway.

How he called her like that makes her heart skip a beat and could melt anybody's heart. This guy is totally different from what she knew.

Brielle stood up, "Let's have breakfast." She didn't want to explain herself but if it really is needed, she wants to explain too.

A wife needs to explain some misunderstandings to her husband and so as the husband towards his wife.

"You have me at your back, you know."

Brielle wanted to cry to his sincerity. If everyone was just like this man. Why can't she find him in a different aura like her? Like the cold aura but instead he is always kind to her.

"Evann," she called.

He turned around to face his loving wife that's being bullied by the bad guys. His beautiful, cute little wife is being bullied. He can afford to let those people down and kneel in front of her but he won't unless his wife says so.

"Hmm?" It was pleasing to his ears. It's was like he is being called lovingly.

"Hmn, I could fight but I couldn't," Brielle explained. "It's not best to fight them physically, it's just not the right time."

Evann listened attentively like a pet dog but much more handsome than that. He is a King. But he is really different when it comes to Brielle.

He usually saw her most of the time. She had seen her differently with her different personality. He is even interested in her and making him do weird kinds of stuff like smiling, chuckling, and maybe next time, he'd be laughing his heart out and protecting this woman all his might.

"Also," Brielle added and went near him, "I don't want to taint your name just because of me. They'll eventually know someday too. That's the least that I could do."

Evann was shocked deep inside but decided not to show it. He didn't expect that she was worried about his reputation at all. Some women wanted to do anything because they have someone at their back but this woman is different.

This woman...Evann thought.

He pulled her closer and hugged her. "You don't have to."

He knows, he needs to win this woman's heart. Destiny must've paired these two.

"Well, I do. A King deserves a Queen," Brielle said and ended their hug.

Evann was amazed by his wife's words. It may not be the wisest but that really is amazing.

"You are up here," Brielle acted, "And I'm in the middle area. Besides, you said, your family doesn't have the vocabulary of 'divorce'. Wait for me up there, you'll see how your wife is." Brielle winked at him.

This woman is unpredictable sometimes. But he likes it. He doesn't mind which personality it is. He is amused.

So, this is what Brielle took for 5 days. She was emotional and also considering every fact too. Hmn.

"Hmn 'kay." He didn't know what he was doing but he kissed her on the forehead. "I'll wait for you up there but I'll be here whenever you need me."

"Yes, you just literally said it twice." Brielle retorted and chuckled.

Wait---he kissed her.

Brielle was dumbfounded and her cheeks were burning so hot. "Let's eat, I'll cook something for us."

"O-okay," Brielle was totally speechless.

Who would've thought that a man's kiss would give her goosebumps? Well, the first time it is.

Brielle knew everything. She understood it now. Evann was also a part of the Art Competition. She admits that she was supposed to be the 1st in that competition but she was placed as 2nd. Perhaps, Evann knew already what Jessica Cameron is up to. He did that for her own sake. She knew it for those five days... Now, she understood it how nice this person is.