Chapter 21

Niall

It's finally Christmas! It was just ten in the morning and I was already up. My sleep schedule goes to wreck as soon as we get a break from school so, it was early for me. My day was all planned out. I was going to have a little celebration with my family at eleven. My mother always bakes peculiar shaped cookies and other goods as morning treat. After that, I'm supposed to leave my house at twelve to pick Harry and Zayn up for Eyrie's house. All of us had planned to meet there at twelve thirty. There were multiple reasons for why we chose her house. First, we did not want to go to any public place like the cafe that we usually hang out at. Secondly, she had a beautiful lawn and third, we spent quite some time decorating it so, we deserved to celebrate there.

Zayn, Harry, Liam and I also had a sleepover planned at Liam's house. We're supposed to reach there at seven. That leaves me about four hours at home in the evening. I was pretty excited for the whole day. I shot up from my bed and started playing songs on my phone. I brushed my teeth, took a shower and changed into warm but fashionable clothes for the day. It took me almost forty-five minutes to get done with everything. The thought of making my bed up and cleaning my room in the remaining fifteen minutes, crossed my mind but, I pushed it away. I shuffled downstairs, humming the tune of the last song I had heard.

My dad, who was reading a newspaper, looked at me because of my humming and exclaimed, "Ah! Niall! You're all in the mood."

"Yes, dad. It's Christmas and I've got a good day ahead of me." I said, kissing him on the cheek and grinning. I went over to my mother and the smell of food instantly filled my nose.

"What smells so deli?" I asked. I always used half the actual word with her and she seemed to understand what I meant.

"Good morning, Niall. It's those same cookies and some lasagna." she smiled. I hugged her from behind and wished her.

My brother, Greg, was still in his bedroom. He liked to make entrances on the perfect time. I called him a walking clock. The perfectionist in him would get really annoying at times. As expected, he walked down at exactly eleven and greeted us all. We all settled down in the living room, where there was a small Christmas tree as well. In the old fashioned way, we had already put our presents under the tree last night. The exchange of gifts was merry and the baked goods were as delicious as ever. If I could, I would have finished all of them by myself but, I did not wish to get sick any time soon. After some more pleasantries, I stood up to leave. I wished them all one more time and left with a wide smile.

Harry's house was closer to Eyrie's so, I decided to pick Zayn first and then Liam. He called me at the last moment, saying that he wanted to ride with us. Harry had never been to Eyrie's before. I fetched the boys and we reached her house in a little more than half an hour. Lyv and Luisa were already there, sitting with Eyrie on the grass in her lawn with glasses filled with orange juice near them. When we approached them, they all looked at us excitedly.

"Hey, girls." I smirked.

"Hello, my favourite guy." Lyv replied.

"Hey, Niall!" Eyrie said. 

"Hey." I chuckled.

"Are we invisible or something?" Liam asked, playfully.

"Of course you're not!" Eyrie exclaimed, standing up and giving him a hug. Liam laughed at that and I could not tear my eyes away.

The other greetings were done quickly and within the next two minutes, all of us were spread out on the grass. The conversations were aimless as always.

"Y'all know, the other day, I was looking at myself in the mirror and I noticed that I'm just too handsome to be living among simple humans like you." I said.