Chapter 45

Harry

I pulled out a simple T-shirt and loose grey sweatpants. It's not like there was a proper party or anything. We were all just meeting at Eyrie's to throw Liam a farewell. It was a casual event, hence, the casual clothes. Not to mention, comfort is the key.

I could not help the uneasy twist in my guts. Seeing Liam go away for months was definitely not going to be an easy task. No matter what any of them said, everyone was upset at the thought, but not to the point of it being displayed on their faces.

I put my clothes on and headed down stairs. I was halfway down when I heard the horn of Niall's car. The sound was a familiar one now. I could recognize it anywhere, literally. I practically ran outside and onto the backseat.

"Hey, H. In a hurry to get somewhere?" Zayn chuckled.

"It's Liam's farewell, of course." I answered, partially truthfully.

"And there's no other reason?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"There's no other reason." I nodded.

"Whatever you say." he smirked and so did Niall. I groaned lightly. Why do they have to know me so well?

The thing is, I hadn't seen Louis for the past week. Sure, we'd been calling and stuff, but he had been spending all of his time with Liam. I'm not complaining in the least bit because I know how close they are and how hard it is going to be since Liam is leaving tomorrow. Doesn't mean I haven't missed him all this time, though.

I was pretty excited to see him again, as weird as that sounds. He's been my boyfriend for a couple of months now and considering the fact that the summer break was included in this time span, we had spent quite a lot of time together. We were joined at the hip now. A few days without him felt like excruciating months.

As soon as we pulled up in Eyrie's driveway, I dashed out the car door, leaving it open, and rushed to the front door. There was no point in trying to hide my eagerness from anyone, really so why not reach my destination faster? I pounded on the front door of her house and heard Eyrie shout profanities from inside regarding how I was being impatient.

"Open up, Eers!" I shouted.

"I'm coming up, H. Stop trying to break the door for God's sake." she groaned in response right before opening the door. Finally!

"Get in, now." she said when I didn't make a move to walk further. The realisation of how stupidly I was acting, finally sinking in. However, I grinned widely and made it past her. When I reached the living room, I saw Louis already looking at me and smiling.

"Lou!" I exclaimed and ran into his arms. He chuckled as he tried to balance himself and avoid making us both fall.

"Hazza." he answered.

"I missed you." I whispered in his ear.

"I missed you too, baby." he replied and I smiled even wider.

"Are you not concerned about me leaving tomorrow, haz?" Liam asked playfully from where he was sprawled on the couch.

"Sorry." I replied sheepishly, finally letting Louis go. "How are you feeling about college, Li?" I asked, taking a seat beside him, but making sure that Louis sat on my other side.

"Definitely very excited. I mean, I got into the college that I always dreamt of. It's big and it's got everything I could wish for. I'm still a little sad about leaving you all, though." he explained. It wasn't hard to notice the happiness in his voice. He was genuinely satisfied with where he was going and I couldn't help the small smile that stretched across my lips.