Chapter 5

Niall

“What do you think about that girl, Harry?” I asked my best friend. One of my best friends. We were sitting on the floor of my bedroom, waiting for one of the others to arrive. We had snacks all around us, chips, cheetos, mountain dews and some candies. Harry has always been the quiet kind so you have to be the one to initiate a conversation when around him or you’ll end up sitting in dead silence for hours. I honestly think that that needs a lot of talent because I personally can hardly shut up. So yeah, it’s never been difficult for me to hang out with Harry. In fact I love him so much and we’ve always had a great connection that I’m definitely sure I’m never letting go off. No matter how serious things get. Never. Anyway, he lifted his head and looked at me with his weird ‘I’m smiling but also acting like a duck with flat, long lips because I’m confused, yet still teasing you’ look.

“The new girl?” he asked in his deep voice.

“Yeah.”

“She seemed all right. What bout her?”

“I don’t know. Just thought I’d ask you.” I said softly.

“What’s with that tone, eh? That’s not you.” Harry asked showing concern but mischief. I liked the way Harry was so confined with other people and yet with us, he was this whole new totally fun person to spend time with. He’s also a good listener which is another thing that I like about him.

“I just think she’s really sweet, you know.”

“Do you like her already?” he teased.

“No! I didn’t say that. I just said she’s sweet.”

“Well, as you say Nialler.” he laughed throwing a pillow straight at my face.

Just as I was about to jump on him and take revenge, the doorbell rang and I got up eyeing him and left the room. He didn’t follow me. All of our houses are like different family homes to us so we always stay as we like. I got to the front door and when I opened it I saw my brown haired friend with a wide, warm smile as always. He had a pizza in his hand.

“Liammmm!!!” I screeched. “Hand over that box to me right now!” I snatched the pizza from his hands and sprinted all the way back to my room. “Harry! Harry! Look, Liam got us some pizza.” I said opening the box and I took a slice out of it. I began to eat. Liam obviously had this house memorised in the back of his head, just like the others, so he would find his way here. He entered shortly after.

“What’s up Harry?” he asked ignoring me because he knew very well that it’s no use trying to talk to me when my mouth is full and there was no way my mouth would be empty until the very last bit of the pizza was gone.

“Nothing special. But I guess you saved me from being attacked by Niall here.” he laughed.

“Why? Did you eat his part of the snacks?” Liam teased but I didn’t bother.

“No. Because I said that he has a crush on the new girl.”

“The new girl? What new girl?” he asked curiously.

“Her name’s Eyrie. She’s a freshman and she just got here. Niall thinks she’s sweet.” Harry said as if repeating some lines that he had rehearsed.

“Oooh! That’s new. What do you have to say in your defence Niall?” Liam said turning his head towards me with a playful tease.

I looked up with half the pizza slice hanging from my mouth and the other half in my hand. I’m pretty sure, I looked like a dog in that moment but I hardly cared. “What?” I said with a mouthful, still looking up at him as he was standing while I was on the floor and not chewing the slice yet.

“Do you like her?”

“You guys are dumb!”

“Well, of course. You’re the only intelligent person amongst us. You can identify food with your eyes closed.” Harry laughed and then turned to lay down on his stomach and started checking his phone.

“What is it Hazza? Waiting for Louis to magically text you?” I said.

“What? What.. um... no! What about Louis? I have barely even spoken to him ever.” Harry stuttered.

“Well, yes cause you’re too scared.”

“What! Why would I be scared. Why do I care?”

“Liam, get him some lying lessons please.” I poked fun at him.

“I’m not lying.” His cheeks flushed red.

“Oh by the way, I remembered from lessons. Eyrie told me that she needs someone to tutor her for maths so I gave her your name.” I said to Liam, changing the topic.

“That’s fine by me. If she comes to me, I won’t refuse her.” And then he started nudging me so I pushed him off but he came back at me with double strength and then we started fighting like animals, rolling all over the floor and laughing.

************************************

The Harry's expression that I tried to describe in such a failed manner, is the one given in the image attached XD.