Healing

-Carnell

I held Bree in my arms for what felt like hours before I gathered my thoughts and helped her up.

Bree: sniffling Carnell, I really don't wanna be alone right now. I mean what if he comes back, I don't know how to deal with this.

Carnell: It's gonna be alright Bree, you can stay with me for awhile.

Bree: Isn't Autumn staying with you?

Carnell: Don't worry about that right now, my main concern is keeping you safe baby girl.

I pull her into a hug and kiss her forehead then I helped her pack some of her stuff.

The whole ride home was silent. I kept looking over at Bree and I could still see a tear fall every now and then. I feel like it's my fault this happened because I wasn't there for her and I don't know what to do to help her feel better. I mean all I can do is love her and be there for her.

When we got to my house luckily Autumn wasn't there, so I brought in Bree's stuff and helped her get situated in my room.

Bree: Carnell thank you, you really didn't have to do this.

Carnell: I love you Bree and I hate to see you in pain. That's why I'm gonna do everything in my power to protect you and make sure that asshole gets what he deserves.
Bree: I'm tired, I'm gonna try and take a nap.
I give her a kiss then leave and give her a chance to rest. I pace back and forth in my living room trying to figure out how I should handle this. I could just wait and see how Bree wants to handle this, but then again she might just press charges and call it a day. That nigga deserves to feel pain the same way he caused Bree pain. Finally, I got an idea. But first I need a gun.
___________________________________
-Bree
I lay in Carnell's bed trying my hardest to go to sleep, but every time I close my eyes I keep seeing Chris's face. When he hurt me he just looked at me like I was worthless, like I deserved everything he did to me. I know I did him wrong, but was I really that bad where I deserved all of this? I sat up in bed and turned on the t.v. to get out of my thoughts. I was channel surfing when I heard my phone buzz on the night stand. My stomach dropped to my feet and I was reluctant to even touch my phone because what if it's him? I don't even know what to say.

I took a deep breathe and picked up the phone. It was a missed call from Chris and he sent me a text right after he called. I debated whether I should read it or not, then finally I opened it.

Bree I'm sorry and I know apologizing can never make up for what I did, but you just made me so angry. All this time I thought we were moving forward, but you used me and left me for Carnell, sorry-ass Carnell. I've tried, but I can't accept this, it just doesn't make sense to me. I hope one day you can forgive me for what I did to you and for what I'm about to do to Carnell.