Chp. 13 About Feelings {Part-1 }

While she hadn't been happy with having to move in with someone, she wasn't dumb enough to not take up Minato's offer this time around, because she understood the motive behind it. Kakashi and the Uchihas (not that she would've chosen Kakashi at this point, anyways) were great but they were both still young and inexperienced when it came to high intensity fighting. So Naruto had hauled her ass to Kushina and Minato's house after her maelstrom of a fight that had went down between herself and Kakashi. It was weird to not be on speaking terms with someone, because the only person she had ever verbally sparred with like that had been Sasuke. And even then, fighting was her and Sasuke's default setting so nothing was truly taken to heart. Anything that had to have been settled between them had been done through a physical fight.

It also happened to be that the Kakashi Hatake of her own time had become someone she relied on without a second thought. Kakashi had been unusually stoic and sarcastic and seemingly emotionless, but in actuality Naruto couldn't think of a single time she had called upon her sensei and he hadn't been the stone pillar she had needed. So it was odd that they weren't on the same wave length.

But regardless, she wouldn't be apologizing. At least not first. Kakashi had infuriated her and if she had a little less restraint she would've chakra-flung him out of her window. Still, even if she wasn't downright furious with her younger parents, she didn't feel like talking with them - especially when Minato had been right there to witness the fallout.

So she was up like clockwork before the sun itself had risen and then was dropping back in just to sleep in a proper bed after the lights had been turned off and the streets were cleared.  Kakashi hadn't made a move to approach her but it had only been a day.

But - and thank Kami - Obito was set to be released from the hospital the following day and had been cleared for training, and Naruto knew that most of the team's attention would be on Obito falling smoothly back into the routine. He would also make a great buffer, and if all went according to plan, things wouldn't be so awkward.

+*+*+

Things did not go according to plan at all.

Obito had been tripping over his own two feet to get back on the training field. He was overly eager - something Naruto was familiar with - and she would never say it aloud but it warmed her heart immensely when she had seen his orange goggles settled over his eyes like they always had been, his standard blue and orange outfit put on meticulously and with care.

It was endearing.

He was still wrapped up to his elbow in bandages but the medics had decreed him healthy enough to start back on his regime as long as he didn't overexert himself. Naruto could see this being a problem with the way Obito had declared his presence with a raucous 'BAKASHI'S GOING DOWN TODAY!'  Rin had only hurried to his side to check his bandages and she whispered something in his ear that had him blushing (and while it certainly had piqued her attention, Naru doubted it had been on the lines of romantic). Minato had looked extremely harrowed that morning, and Naruto couldn't blame him because between her lack of sleep, stress due to the break in, and the weight of her and Kakashi's argument, she needed a break day. She could only imagine that he felt the same. 

If Jiraiya had been around and she wasn't a freaking time traveling Shinobi, she would have suggested that they take a day to head to Mount Myoboku and just relax with the toad summons.

Kakashi hadn't looked in her general direction for the short duration that they had been scattered on the field, and that was completely okay. Obito had yet to pick up on the tension, but Rin had clearly noticed if the way she frowned back and forth between them was any indication.

It was a little exhausting because the only people around right now for her to speak to had been the Team. It made her miss Itachi and Shisui more so than usual, so she made a side note to give them both a hug when she saw them again.