Chp 38. Point Break

Massive plot twist!! Be ready! 🤭

→←

Dear Kushina-nee,

Jiraiya-Sennin says he has a surprise for me, one that you recommended. I honestly cannot possibly fathom what you've been preparing for me half a world away, but if you're as enthusiastic about it as you are about your ramen, then I'm sure I'll love it!

First of all, I saw those pictures of little Hikari-chan! She's already growing up so nicely, and she and I could practically be sisters, don't you think? And not to be too forward or anything, but I was wondering if you and Sensei had plans to give Hikari a little sister or brother? Just a thought, if you know what I mean.

How are you guys, anyways? I received Obito and Kakashi's letters of well wishes recently, but I haven't heard from Minato-sensei or Shisui and Itachi. I hope they're all doing okay. Minato-sensei is probably busy being Hokage, I know, so please tell him when you see him that I miss him a lot!

Rin-chan and I are holding out for this last week or two, and we can't wait to see you guys again. It's been fun traveling with Jiraiya and Tsunade, but we miss Konoha too. I also miss pranking, so there should be a day where you and I teach Hikari-hime the ropes, don't you think?

Jiraiya's students from Amegakure, Yahiko, Nagato, and Konan met up with us because I offered them a place to stay! Nagato is an Uzumaki just like us, so it'll be like a family gathering. I can't wait for you guys to meet.

Unfortunately, this is all the space I have left on this paper, so I guess this is it. With our return date so close on the horizon, I think this will be the last letter I send out. I miss you! Stay safe and give everyone my love, dattebayo! See you very soon!

Love, Naruto

→←

" How long did you say this was going to take, by the way?" Naruto asked Tsunade as she strapped her pack over her back, kunai clenched between her teeth.

"Don't tell me that your legs are giving out on you already, brat," Tsunade said amused. "I didn't run you and Rin through hours of training every single day just for you to go back home with no strength."

A large hand clapped over her shoulder, nearly sending her stumbling over a rock before Rin steadied her, shooting her a smirk. Naruto scowled in return.

"Not to worry, Gaki!" Jiraiya boomed. "We've been making the descent to our final destination for days now, we just haven't said anything."

Naruto squints her eyes for anything epic enough to be called a final destination, but all she sees is miles and miles of stretched out sea, blue waves glittering under the hot morning sun.

"We're... having a beach day?" Rin asks, sounding as confused as Naruto feels.

"No," Tsunade says. "Our final destination is actually a boat ride across the ocean. Should be a day and a half before we reach." She grinned manically. When Naruto turned green, Tsunade nudged her in the ribs. "Do you get seasick?"

When Naruto opened her mouth to answer that, no, she didn't get seasick, she just happened to have trauma flashbacks to their mission to Kiri, Rin cut her off.

"No," Rin said. "We just have bad experiences with boats, that's all."

"More like crazy captains of said boats who steals one of our teammates because he's obsessed with his dojutsu, and then tries to kill us later," Naruto muttered. "He was so fucking creepy."

Jiraiya laughed like it wasn't completely traumatizing, keeping up a steady beat with the clip-clop of his sandals. "Well I assure you that there's not going to be any creepy captains this time around. It's just going to be us seven."