Ch.27 Two Truths {Part-1}

Spoiler alert! Do not read the screen shot above just look! Don't tell me I didn't warn you!
°°°°

Minato glanced out the window that made up the entirety of the back wall of the Hokage's office. It was still dark outside, as the sun hadn't risen in Konoha's skies yet, but the stars were no longer visible. He wondered if he squinted hard enough, if he could magically catch a glimpse of his daughter that had left a little over a year ago.

Ever since she'd left, Sandaime had been grooming him for taking over the position of Hokage, and it left Minato with barely any down time. In fact, he couldn't remember a single time where he'd woken up later than four in the morning, and the lack of sleep was really catching up to him. There were other days - like tonight - where he hadn't gone to bed at all, and It was downright exhausting.

Hiruzen seemed immune to it though; Minato supposed he would've become accustomed to it after so much time spent with the hat on his head.

Mornings were spent sifting through town documents - looking at crime labels and registration portfolios for foreign and native citizens. It was also the time to work on mission delegation and skill sets.

As it was, he and Hiruzen were both tackling foreign registration files.

"Yuuki-chan moved out of Konohagakure last week," Hiruzen informed him from around his pipe. Minato tried not to grimace. He didn't understand how someone could smoke so late in the night. "I was honestly a bit surprised. She and her husband got a new roof commissioned not even a year ago, so it was a bit of a shock to see them go so abruptly." Then, Hiruzen chuckled. "Well, I suppose it wasn't that abruptly. Nine months in the making, if you ask me."

Minato's head snapped up. "I didn't know Yuuki-chan was with a child!"

"Oh, yes," Hiruzen nodded. "They had a beautiful baby girl. Their new roof was nice but I think they needed more space. They already had two sons and another daughter piled into one room, so I think it was about time."

He titled his head, blue eyes sharp on his soon to be predecessor. "You don't mind Yuuki leaving?"

"Of course I do! Her family was always very kind. They had an orange tree in their backyard and they'd pick a few for me every month or so. But, I understand their need to move. They have a growing family, and they need comfortable space to grow. I can't blame them for that."

Minato's deft fingers tip-toed through each file until he found Yuuki's, and he promptly fixed her address tag before placing it in the cabinet that labeled her as no-longer-in-Konoha.

As he did, Hiruzen finished signing whatever it was he had been working on before he stood up and took a long drag of his pipe. "I'm going to meet with Danzo and the other elders, so I'll see you later. Break until three, and then I'll come see you."

Minato nodded gratefully. His back was absolutely aching from having sat in the chair for nearly three hours straight. When the door closed behind the Sandaime, he twisted his whole body until he heard a satisfying crack, the stiffness immediately easing out of him. And then, because he had been up since four the previous morning, he let out the yawn he had been stifling all night.

"Yawns are contagious. Now I won't be able to stop either." said an annoyed voice. Minato turned to the now open window, and tried not to smile too hard when he saw his first student occupy the ledge.

"Kakashi!" Minato exclaimed. A surge of happiness filled him. It had been so long since he had seen his silver haired prodigy. With Kakashi's intense jonin schedule and his own upcoming Hokage status, there had barely been any time for the two of them to meet. It was rare moments in between official meetings and missions did they see each other.