Chp. 18 The Proposal {Part-2}

They're outside of a quaint little dango stand. The cart is white and cherry blossoms are decorating the rails and hood of it.

Kakashi and Itachi had crossed the street to a little sub-spot where rows of benches littered the plaza, designed for lounging around and sharing a meal. This had left Shisui and Naruto to collect the dango while giving the latter a bit more insight into what had happened.

Shisui paled, as he handed over the coins in his bag to the street vendor, passing two of the dango sticks to Naruto and taking the other two in his hands. "So my uncle knows?" he asked. "How did that even happen?"

Naruto winced, glad that his eyes were focused on the dango and not on her, and she turned away so that her blonde hair curtained her face.

"It's a long story."

"I would imagine," he said drily, and completely unhelpfully.

She sighs. "Well, to sum it all up, Uchiha-dono placed me under a genjutsu and-"

"HE PUT YOU IN A GENJUTSU!?" Shisui yelled and Naruto shushed him and slapped a hand over his mouth.

"I don't think the Kazekage heard you over in Suna, maybe you should scream a little louder," the blonde snarked sarcastically. His mouth clamped shut but his eyes remained wide.

"It's an S-rank secret but-"

"Then you shouldn't be telling me at all," Shisui said, his tone surprisingly sharp.

Naruto rolled her eyes. "You asked, and I figured it wouldn't be a problem if you knew, considering your name was brought up because through errr... they spoke with my subconscious and it told them stuff." She dared a peek at him. "Including our plans to... take down Danzo." The dark haired boy goggled at her. "It's not bad at all though," she tried tacking on. "My Sensei and Fugaku-dono believe us and are now actively trying to aid us in our cause. Plus, Fugaku is halting all plans that are related to the coup."

Shisui's jaw snapped shut, and he casted her a stern look. "You're definitely going to have to tell me what happened exactly." Naruto winced again.

"I figured you might say that which is why we should talk about it later." She nodded at Kakashi and Itachi who were both looking comfortably silent, but looking in their direction waiting for their return. "You might be an exception to part of the secret because you were involved, but my team and Itachi aren't to be told anything."

"What about your jinchuurki status?" Shisui whispered as they waited for a wagon to steer past them before they took to the road, walking across the dirt to reach their friends.

Naruto shrugged. "I haven't been a jinchuurki in a long time, so for now, I'm just trying to figure out what's really going on."

He glanced at her. "It doesn't sound so bad. We're getting help now, and you don't seem to be in serious trouble, so I suppose it could've turned out worse. Although, I am worried about any. lecture that may come my way something soon."

"You don't need to tell me that," she said as she pushed a hanging lantern out of her way. "I just thought I should let you know before Fugaku tries to talk to you and you're slammed in the face with it."

Shisui looked mildly offended. "Uchiha Shisui does not get slammed in the face," he insisted. Naruto snorted before transferring her dango to her left hand, slapping her right in his face and smushing down.

"Now you do."

Shisui cursed, rubbing his face gingerly and Naruto laughed before sliding into the seat besides Kakashi, and Shisui opposite of her, next to Itachi. They handed their extra dango to the two boys, to which Itachi began to chomp down with special vivaciousness that didn't match his usual quiet demeanor at all.