Bonus Chapter

A/N 

This is to thank all of y'all amazing people who have supported this book and brought it to 44.6K READS!!!!! I'm so happy, you have no idea :( . I was telling my boyfriend how I read comments like I'm reading fanfictions, lol. But really even though I don't always respond to comments, your comments make my day, literally. Thank y'all so much. (Also, I'm thinking of writing extra lil chapters for fun so tell me what you think and also be sure to keep an eye out in case I do.)

*

It's been a little over a year since the whole fiasco. Jaemin still felt a tug at his heart whenever his mind went to Jeno. That had been his first love, so of course it was natural. He still couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he was gone. For real this time. His hand tightens around the steering wheel, eyes staring into the distance. A silent plea on his heart that screams at him every now and again. Screams that if he could, he would bring Jeno back. The question is, would he? If he were a vampire...

But not all vampires are bad. It finally settled within him that they're not all that bad. Sure Lucas had an eye for his head before he died and all he seemed to be good at was being attacked by them (He guesses that's how Xiaojun decided to make him the bait in every mission ever), but there were definitely good ones out there. He was just trying to get his thoughts to catch up to the idea. Sometimes he slipped and his first thought would be bad or evil, but then he had to correct himself because he couldn't just assume. Turns out, they were quite like humans. Can't always assume. There are good ones and bad ones.

"Jaem?"

His head turns toward the voice, eyes finding Renjun's, whose seated in the passenger seat and clicking the seatbelt into place. There's a twinkle of worry in his brown orbs that makes Jaemin feel guilty. Not that there was reason to feel guilty, but when he made Renjun worry, he couldn't help feeling bad.

"Yeah?" 

"We can go now," he states simply, a hand gesturing to the packet of snacks he'd gotten from the gas station. Jaemin barely registered. They were going to his place for their short break this time around. After everything that happened, he needed it and with Renjun having nowhere else to go, he naturally tagged along. Even if he offered to stay behind, Jaemin would have argued that he should come with. He liked his company; it was the only thing keeping him sane at this point.

"Right."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry. Just thinking."

"Good thinking or bad thinking?"

Jaemin glances over. "Just thinking, Ren."

"So, in between thinking.," Renjun settles. Jaemin doesn't respond as he starts the car. The roads are void of any cars aside from theirs and perhaps it's the weather. 

Apparently the cars were allergic to light snow covered roads. When it first started snowing, Jaemin dragged Renjun out into the courtyard. The two of them stood there for two whole minutes, dressed only in their pajama bottoms and short sleeved sweaters. Renjun had to pull him back inside, insisting that they'd catch hypothermia otherwise. Jaemin whined all the way to their room, where Renjun opened the window and told Jaemin to close it before he went to bed. Snow, he decided that day, was like magic. A soft, gentle kind of magic. 

"You said my dad knew you were one?" Jaemin brings up the topic again, having the pleasures of being interrupted by Haechan or Jisung.

"The last time we visited, yeah. He took me aside and explained that he knew what I was. Told me to be careful because as much as he knew not all of us are bad, he knew you didn't think that way."