03

Haechan arrives in the room as Jaemin's about to leave.

"Ah, I caught you in time," Haechan smiles. "Which route do you take to campus?" he asks and Jaemin wonders if the other is thinking of walking with him to that side. He wonders if Haechan would be done in time considering he had to get to class like right now (their dorm building is closest to campus. He could wake up half an hour before a class and still get there early.)

"I take the elevator. Near the vending machine. I was actually just about to head that side. Why?"

"I tried coming up that side. There's all this yellow tape and stuff because a couple of vending machines three turns over all fell over and they're stacked or something. So that way is blocked. We have to take the other route. When's your class?"

Something must have happened, he thinks, brows furrowing as he recalls the events from last night. He wonders whether there is a paper for the university and whether they'd cover what happened.

Jaemin checked his phone. "It's in fifteen minutes."

"Alright. Let me just grab a jacket," he says, already shifting through his side of the closet. He pulls out a black hoodie that has sinners in all caps, big red letters and slips it on before grabbing his bag. He turns to Jaemin and nods. "Come on."

When they step outside the room, there's a boy waiting. He's dressed in a black hoodie with a denim jacket over and he's got a foot against the wall with his hands in the pockets of his track pants. His hair is a dark, dirty brown and when he looks up, his eyes immediately fall onto Haechan and he's smiling. With the way he's smiling, all teeth and eyes, and he looks like he's just been given a dose of loopy gas, Jaemin guesses this is Mark.

Jaemin wouldn't have guessed he was foreign.

"I told you not to wait. Your class is in five minutes," Haechan scolds as he hooks his arm with Mark's. "Jaemin," Haechan says, "This is Mark. My lousy listener of a boyfriend. Mark, this my roommate, Jaemin."

"Pleasure to meet you," Mark says and he's still smiling so maybe he actually means it so Jaemin repeats his words, only softer and with a smaller, less there smile but neither male acknowledges it as Haechan tugs on Jaemin's sleeve with his other hand and the three of them take a right as they start walking.

"You can get to campus this way?" Jaemin asks in surprise.

Mark nods. "Yeah. It's closer for me but further for you guys. I'm a floor down and closer to that side of the building. It's also why Hyuck sleeps over by me sometimes."

"Hyuck?" Jaemin asks, feeling a little dumb with the look Mark gives him then.

"You make it sound like I'm exploiting you," Haechan scoffs and then looks at Jaemin and smiles like he's forgotten something. "My name's Donghyuck. I like going by Haechan, but Mark doesn't call me that because he knew me before I could introduce myself as Haechan," he explains and Jaemin only nods. He doesn't exactly know what to say so he doesn't say anything at all.

He follows behind them and then Mark and Haechan greet him when they split ways and Jaemin finds himself tired long before he takes a seat in Political History. The professor is surprisingly young and up until now, Jaemin never really took much notice. But now that he was filling in with the rest of his class and he ended up at the back, he couldn't really see the board which meant he found himself focusing on everything else.

Professor Qian is tall but not taller than Jaemin who, having stood near him before, found that he had at least a zero-point-one metre on him. Though his hair, a dark brown that stood out against his pale skin, was parted more to right, the professor gelled it in a way that it stood up and out of his face, displaying his forehead and fairly thick eyebrows Jaemin swears looks like he has them done. It even emphasized the smallness (or perhaps the thinness) of his face. Even more surprisingly, it showed the assortment of piercings the professor had and his paleness certainly did remind him of the boy from last night.