04

He didn't want to ask anyone about the disappearances. He didn't trust to ask anyone. For all he knew, he could be asking someone who knew the background; hell, he could very well end up asking a vampire and not have a clue about it. So he kept quiet about it. He would have gone to find out about it from whoever wrote those articles, but every single one seemed to be anonymous. As if that wasn't odd at all.

Haechan stayed out on Saturdays, only returning Sundays and sometimes it was only to get something and he'd be out again.

Sometimes Jaemin was okay with it. Other times he found himself locking the door and checking that the windows were shut (yeah, they had windows, and Jaemin never really opened them so Haechan would end up walking in, scolding him and pushing it open. "If you're not gonna go outside, you can at least crack open a window. Fresh air, Jaemin-ah.")

Last night when Renjun and Mark left, Jaemin couldn't not ask.

"Huh? Renjun and I met during the orientation thing. He and Mark knew each other back in preschool though. Sometime in high school too but then they drifted apart or something," he explained. And then he continued to bug Jaemin about why he was asking and eventually Jaemin just sighed.

"We ran into each other last night. I heard something down the corridor and freaked and ended up bumping into him."

Haechan was excited then. "You heard the vending machines falling?" And then his excitement contorted into something of concern. "You could have been in some sort of danger!" Jaemin tried to ask why he thought that exactly and Haechan got all squirmy so that was the end of their conversation.

Waking up this morning, Jaemin met an empty room and really he wished Haechan would give him a pre warning so he wasn't asleep with a door that was unlocked and a window partially open. It was cold out and he already planned to go to the library to do some work so he hit the showers and pulled on a hoodie and slipped on a scarf. He opted for his regular sneakers rather than boots and then he grabbed his bag and headed out, locking the door behind him.

He almost turned left but recalled the event yesterday. Unsure as to whether the route had been cleared, he turned right and made his way down. He checks his phone and slips into the elevator when it arrives. His dad hasn't called him but he left a couple of messages which Jaemin replies to first thing he gets them or first thing before he goes to bed. He informed his dad about the disappearances and his dad seemed unnerved; 'keep safe!' was his reply and Jaemin sent a heart.

"You're Jaemin-ah," a voice says from beside him. He had picked up on their presence from the elevator, constantly following beside him but he wasn't sure if the person had been following him or just happened to be walking in the same direction. Jaemin looks up, his other hand grips tight onto the strap of his bag as he looks at the person. The boy was taller than Jaemin, blonde hair all in his face; a face that seemed unsmiling compared to a lot of the people he met thus far. The boy in front of him seemed the type to pull all sorts of faces; it was the vibe he had around him. But you couldn't always trust a vibe. His small lips were pulled at the one side and after a moment, Jaemin realized that he was being analyzed.

He narrows his eyes. "And your point?" he asks defensively. And by some miracle the boy's face morphs until the corners are pulled and Jaemin thinks this boy might just have a natural smirk because although he may try to be smiling, his lips resembled more of a smirk than anything else.

"Sorry, Jaemin-ah. I didn't mean to scare you," he says and then he takes a step forward. He has both hands in his pockets and he lowers his head a little until they're at the same eye level. "Kun-hyung said that you were asking about the news site," he murmurs. His voice is something else, really.