20

Exams were hell.

The two weeks were a complete blur, what with all the studying and cramming and late night sessions before each exam. Busy got busier and coffee was the only thing fueling the entirety of the campus. What Jaemin remembers was that they were hell, but that hell was nearing its end. They were a few days away from the last exam which meant a few days away from semester break. Jaemin was psyched because he'd get to go home. It feels like it's been forever since he saw his dad or even heard from him. He couldn't wait.

But before that, he needed to finish up this side.

Jisung is waiting outside his dorm this morning, holding a holder with two cups of coffee in one hand and an open notebook in the other. His eyes were flickering across the pages as he leaned against the wall. They were writing their Political History paper two today. Purely essay questions and Jisung dreads those questions. He says that he's better at reading the comprehension based questions with the whole paragraph reading and giving answers to questions that followed. Jaemin didn't mind them but he had a preference for the essays. That's how the two usually helped each other.

"Good morning to you too," Jaemin greets as he takes the cup holder from Jisung. The other looks over, eyebrows lifting up as if in surprise and then he goes back to the book. Jaemin bites back a teasing smile. "Nervous?"

"No, not at all." The sarcasm rolls off his tongue easily and Jaemin sort of wants to laugh. Jisung sighs. "I'm really stressed. Why do we need to have two papers? We could have had one and have them mix up the questions, you know?"

"Sung, we've had this conversation before," Jaemin replies. Which is true. They've had so many of these conversations and once, Jisung even went up to the lecturer. Kun was not pleased considering it was immediately after a test, where they also separated the questions the way they did now.

Jisung sighs. "I know. That's besides the point," he mutters. They're almost at the venue and Jisung's paging only gets more frantic. He's trying to rush himself and despite it being somewhat amusing, Jaemin walks in front of him and turns around, placing his hands on Jisung's shoulders to stop him. It isn't until a moment passes that Jisung looks up. "What are you doing—"

"It is going to be fine, Sung," Jaemin interrupts quickly. His hands loosen their grip as he offers a small smile. "You know your work. I know that and so do you. You're going to be just fine because you have studied more than enough. You cramming like this will end up in you blanking if you don't stop. Okay?" He lowers his arms and takes a step back before nudging his head in the direction their exam venue was. "Now, let's go."

Jisung doesn't say anything, but the smile he flashes before they start walking again is more than sufficient.

*

Renjun is waiting outside the venue when Jaemin walks out. Instead of remotely acknowledging him, he walks straight up to the other, arms outstretched and hands making a pinching moment.

Renjun rolls his eyes, but nevertheless hands over the cup of coffee.

"I knew there was a reason I said yes," Jaemin jokes. "An ever promising supplier of coffee and you're fucking cute."

"I suppose it's fine that you exploit me if you think I'm cute," Renjun replies, and if it weren't for the teasing twinkle in his eye, Jaemin would have taken him seriously (although, perhaps not entirely.) He holds out a hand and Jaemin hands him his pens and the ruler (because he liked underlining his question headings if he found the time after he finished), stopping in his tracks despite Renjun assuring him it was okay to continue walking as he put the items away in his bag. When he hears the sound of the zipper shutting and Renjun is by his side, he continues walking.