Bonus Chapter 2

A/N: 

So you guys asked how Jeno died... Basically it was just that he was fighting outside with the others and got killed. 

Rather than that, this bonus chapter will be how he dies in the re-written version of Bad Blood that I'm busy with. I also like this version better because of the events prior :).  Enjoy <3

(For reference, this is around Chapter 39 so there will be repetitions of that chapter in here.)

*

Amidst them trying to find the papers for the bar, a hand grabs hold of his arm and Jaemin is forced to follow the person. They cross the warehouse floor where a row of double doors can be seen. As the person looks back, the breath is knocked out of him. 

Jeno pulls him into the room. A set of footsteps follow behind before the door closes. Jaemin pulls his arm free from Jeno and takes a step back. Renjun joins his side, a solemn expression across his face. An uncomfortable feeling settles in his chest as he looks around the room. Aside from the pillars, boxes and an unidentifiable mess of chaos in the center, it's empty. Nobody but them. 

"You need to hide," Renjun tells him sternly. His hand rests on Jaemin's shoulder. The touch is familiar, like an old memory come to life. Except it's not that old of a memory and it still hurts, knowing that he is what he is. Jaemin shrugs his hand off his shoulder.

"Why?" He already knows the answer, but he asks it anyway. He can't meet their eyes. Can barely stand on his feet. His body's screaming at him to go back. To give up. But he can't. If he does, he'll just be the reason for the vampire reign. 

"For one, you have the papers they're looking for," Jeno reminds quietly. A strained smile crosses his face.

"And two, Lucas is going to come for you," Renjun tells him. He lightly hits him on the back and tells him to go hide. Jeno tells him to hurry. Not wanting to waste another second in the fear he'll be caught despite their efforts, he ducks behind one of the boxes in the far end of the room. Jaemin's limbs scream at him, quaking with every move. It feels like he'll collapse at any given moment and he has to regain his breath. He needs to regulate it or Lucas will find him anyway. 

The doors slam open. A wicked call of his name sounds. 

There's a scoff. A slam. Jeno grunting. In his little spot, Jaemin squirms, biting on his bottom lip to keep himself in place. His eyes squeeze shut when there's an audible slam and Renjun grunts.

"Jaemin," Lucas sing-songs, his voice bouncing against the walls as it echoes. There's a loud smashing sound and a groan follows a moment after. "Was so sure you were here," Lucas murmurs. His footsteps continue, but they're softer this time. He strains his ears in order to effectively listen to the echo of Lucas' footsteps. He contemplates walking off to a pillar, but that's too dangerous. He could get caught. Vampire hearing was ten times better than norms and hunters and he wasn't prepared to risk it.

"You know, if you come out, it'll be less painful." What, Jaemin wants to ask, but instead bites his tongue. You're supposed to be a good kid, he wants to say, remembering Kun's words. You don't like to kill. A lie he told Kun? 

He lifts his head as he realizes that he's gotten quieter. He makes eye contact with a fang-bared, grinning Lucas. "Ah-hah!" He exclaims gleefully. "Found you—" He's cut off as he falls to the ground with a loud thud. Jaemin pulls back his leg and without a second thought, he's dashing off to another pillar. Though he doesn't suspect Lucas to take all that long to recover from his fall.