49

You felt giddy and slightly woozy leaving the office that night.

The day had been an absolute whirlwind as the news of Liam's scheming leaked across social media. Of course, with it now being out in public, that meant Harry had a long line of visitors throughout the day.

You only let in anyone who Harry worked closely with and trusted, as they knew about the court case and Harry's situation. But considering they were also taken by surprise, but definitely in a more positive way, by the recent headlines it meant a lot of questions had sprung up.

For most of the day you'd just been manning the phone at your desk, and also the one Harry had in his office; flitting between the two phones and repeating a lot of the same phrases had turned out to be very tiring. However you didn't let it dampen your mood, as a small smile tugged at the corners of your mouth all day. And it always grew when you'd catch Harry's eyes fleetingly to see the exact same inner happiness on his face.

Before you'd left, Victoria had warned you that there would most definitely be paparazzi hanging around outside the office, already prepped with getting a golden shot of Harry. She had told you both to keep neutral and offer no form of reply to the questions they were no doubt going to be shouting at you both.

But even that premonition couldn't dampen the quiet triumphant feeling that seemed to wrap you and Harry in a little bubble.

So taking his hand, you both got in the elevator and strolled through the ground floor, right towards the front revolving doors.

You could see the paps before you'd even approached the door, hear the scuffling around as they spied yours and Harry's figures and got their cameras ready to get the money shot.

"Ready?" Harry asked you.

"Always," you replied instantly, offering one last adoring look before both of you schooled your faces into ones of neutrality to ensure no matter the pictures the paps got, they couldn't say a thing if you and Harry both gave nothing away in your expressions.

And it worked a treat. Even though the small group shouted questions and hounded Harry for an answer of some sort, you both gave absolutely nothing away, driven by the want to ensure an easy ride for the next few days and to give no form of ammunition to anyone involved with the situation.

But as soon as you reached the comfort of Harry's car, both of you sliding easily into the backseat with almost bored expressions, and the door was shut securely, you couldn't resist sharing a little giggle and high five as the car pulled away.

Luckily you just missed the Friday night New York traffic and arrived home quickly, where Harry was eager to get you to talk through every part of your encounter with Liam as you'd not had the chance to talk it through all day.

Of course, a long, heated and appreciative kiss was shared before this because Harry couldn't keep his hands to himself after such a long day where he'd wanted nothing more than to shower you in love and gratitude.

But after that you'd both gotten changed into some comfies, poured a glass of red wine and settled back together on the sofa and stayed there recounting the day until your eyelids were drooping and the whole bottle had been drunk.

And soon after you and Harry fell into an exhausted yet blissful sleep, in each others arms, facing the other and with small smiles still curling the edges of your lips.

The weekend was spent in a similar fashion; dressed in sweats and Harry's t-shirt, cuddling and laughing and generally lying low as everything continued to unfold online.

Of course there was speculation, but so far everything was still going to plan. Victoria and other members of Harry's work inner circle had stayed in touch regularly, providing you both with inside information that couldn't hit the press, or just general reminders to carry on staying quiet.