CHAPTER 2

𝙹𝙰𝙿𝙰𝙽, 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟺

Jennie Kim sat in the backseat of the car, she had no idea what's going on

Jennie Kim sat in the backseat of the car, she had no idea what's going on. Her parents however are outside, both of them are shouting at each other and Jennie never pays attention to the two of them as their voices are muffled by the interior of the vehicle.

Jennie started to fidget on the laces of her figure skates that her father gave her. She started to count and remember all the movements that she learned from her training with Mr. Yu.

She recalls the triple axel.

One of the hardest ones to execute.

"One... two..." Jennie observes the detail of her figure skates, and on the count of three. Jennie's mother gave her husband a slap before she ran to the car.

Jennie jumped from her seat as she saw her mother slam the door of the driver's side. Jennie couldn't speak at all, she's terrified and sad to see her mother act this way.

"From now on..." Mrs. Kim wiped the tears off her face, she looked at the rearview mirror to catch a glance from her daughter.

"It's only you and me."

2021, Russia

6 months after the Jenlisa scandal

JENNIE'S POV

Oh, to be one of the Olympians and to participate in the Grand Prix is such a dream. I would've been there if only Lisa didn't happen.

God that dumbass is the reason why I ended up in this dump. I know for a fact that Russia is a wonderful country but still... I ended up being one of the best figure skaters in Moscow to the employee of the month in Waffle house.

A downgrade really.

I tapped my fingers on the counter, waiting for the next customer to arrive.

If only I performed the triple axel with a combination of the double loop then my score would've beaten the shit out from Lisa.

I haven't mastered that move, triple axel is the worst.

My mother didn't like the news when I was banned by the Figure Skating Federation. I can no longer skate for the rest of my life, of course... we accidentally caught Mr. Snowball on fire, and he's the Figure skating mascot so he's a very important asset to the Figure skating federation.

We almost set the stadium on fire as well.

That's another reason.

Aish.