CHAPTER 20

JENNIE'S POV

JENNIE'S POV

"How's Lisa doing?" Coach asked, startling me just when I'm about to sleep. I glanced down on Lisa who's already sleeping on my shoulder, "She's asleep." I replied, giving her cheek a stroke, I gave her a sleeping pill earlier to calm her down after we escaped the crowd.

I have never been so scared in my entire life for someone, Lisa looked pale, it's like she has seen a ghost. I adjusted my position as I let her head rest on my lap.

"We're almost here." Sungjae replied, "Do you know where Lisa lives?" Jessi asked. Somi gave me the intstruction earlier, "Her sister texted me earlier, she gave me directions." I said as I retrieve my phone, showing Somi's message to our coach. "Ah, I see." Jessi holds my phone as Sungjae proceeds to drive ahead. Jessi started to read the messages while Sungjae follows her instruction.

I glanced down on Lisa again, I noticed that the roots of her hair are showing her natural hair color, she even outgrown her bangs as I push it to the side to get a better view of her face. She's a beautiful human being, and at such young age... I should've known better.

Just hold on, Lisa.

I hold her hand, she's been unresponsive ever since—even when she's awake, she just look into space like she just shuts down entirely. She never returned glances, nor hug me and Jessi back.

She's a complete mess.

"We're here.." I looked up to see Lisa's family standing at the front porch of their house. "Lisa, wake up." I lightly shake her up, she slowly peek her eyes, taking a deep breath. "We're here, baby." I cupped her face, and she just blinked.