CHAPTER 13

THE SONG ABOVE IS WHAT THEY'LL PERFORM FOR THE NATIONAL COMPETITION

LISA'S POV

I don't know if Jennie agreed to stay or not, we haven't talked ever since we almost kissed. If it weren't for our stupid coach, I would've confessed how much I really love her.

Maybe she's aware, I mean- we almost kissed.

Maybe she knows.

Both of us stayed inside the barn, sweeping off the hays while Jessi is talking to Cheshire and Sungjae at the corner. I don't know what song and theme we are going to perform, I know Jessi's good at this.

I glanced on my right to see Jennie busy sweeping the hays to the corner. I know this is a barn, but where are the animals? Or maybe they're already sold to the nearby market? I asked our coach one time about her grandmother and she told me that she moved to America and Jessi inherited this place. So my intuition is right.

I know for a fact that Jessi's not into this kind of stuff, but I wonder what she'll plan with this property.

"This is a real deal already... our opponent is Hyuna and Dawn.." I heard Jessi talking with the coaches. I continue to sweep the floor again.

I don't mind who we'll compete against, I'm more worried about Jennie retiring after this.

I don't want her to go.

I know it's selfish. I can't find a different partner than her. And no— I can't replace her with Irene. I can't replace her at all. I know being a figure skater, you have to follow the strict rules, I mean it's okay to run your own social medias, the only problem is how toxic everyone is on the internet.

My previous coach told me not to engage with people on there. For me, I decided to avoid it and I just let Somi update me about the good stuffs about me. I don't know how Jennie is aware, but it must've been from the news.

God, I want to hug her.

Tell her everything's going to be okay.

"Lisa, Jennie, let's hit the ice." Cheshire called us from the doorway; Jennie and I can only follow our three coaches to the frozen lake.

I tightened the laces of my figure skates, making sure they won't untangle when I'm already on the ice. Earlier, I wrapped several layers of duck tape around my angkles, they're starting to ache already and I want to easily control myself whenever I do a spread eagle while carrying Jennie.

Cheshire and Sungjae glided ahead as we watch the two of them perform. Instead of paying attention, I diverted my gaze back to Jennie who's actually looking on the ground, biting her lip.

She's not even focusing at all.

"Hm... do you guys have any ideas what song we'll perform?" Jessi butted in between us as she placed her arms on our shoulders. I honestly don't know, Jennie on the other also didn't say a word as well.

"Ah, y'all are giving me the silent treatment now huh?" Jessi started to shake us both. "Any ideas, Jennie?" Our coach asked, and she just shake her head, not uttering any word at all.