CHAPTER 21

THIRD-PERSON

Lisa couldn't bring herself to smile, but she did find refuge in Jennie's arms.

By the time Lisa fell asleep, Jennie knew it's her sign to go, she removed Lisa's arms slowly away from her after a long day of cuddle, she was thinking of kissing Lisa's forehead, but she doesn't want to wake her up. So the brunette stroll slowly to the door, she opened it quietly before she let herself out.

"Jennie?" Lisa's foster mother greeted Jennie, which startled the brunette, "I'm sorry." Jennie bowed, of course she's aware that Lisa's foster mom is Korean, Jennie was able to greet her the way she learned it back when she stayed in Korea.

"I know it's late, but your daughter asked me to stay, I-I really can't say no." Jennie smiled nervously. Lisa's mother just exude a warm smile, "It's alright dear, I was just going to bring you these." She holds an extra blanket.

"Uhm... no need ma'am, it's okay." Jennie declined.

"Lisa told me everything about you, you can stay here as long as you like." The mother said which caused Jennie to gap her mouth open, looking like a startled pikachu. "She told you everything?" She asked. The first word to ever pop inside her head is how?

Lisa didn't even introduce Jennie to her formally.

"Would you like some tea?" She asked, "Y-yes please." Jennie replied shyly, of course. She couldn't say no, she's Lisa's mother after all.

The two ladies sat on the dining chair at the dining room. Jennie doesn't know how to start a conversation with Lisa's mother, when all Jennie's life, she was trained to speak only when she is asked by her own mother when they're eating.

"My daughter..." Mrs. Sunhee Douma sets her cup down on the table, Jennie was ready to listen to her story as she takes a sip from the cup. "When Lisa first arrive here, she's a very quiet girl. My husband Matthew, told me that she's very talented. She really loves Figure skating." Mrs. Douma smiled, recalling the memories. "We were aware of her family and Lisa's behavior... it's very complex." The mother takes another sip, "Lisa can come off friendly to every person she meet, but there are times she becomes quiet all of a sudden. My husband and I were really worried and we were forced to remove the lock of her room, especially her bathroom door for her safety." She frowned.

"Lisa changed when Somi was born, then Evelyn came a long. Her confidence grew, and they're very close." Sunhee said, gazing at her daughter's girlfriend who is just nodding.

"Ma'am... is it okay to ask?" Jennie questioned, making Lisa's foster mom nod.

"No need to be formal, just call me mom."

Jennie chuckled lightly, she started to blush.

"Okay... mom." The two woman chuckled, and Jennie can't help herself exude a beam from ear to ear.

"Uhm..." Jennie cleared her throat, now back to the topic.

"When did she had her first panic attack?"

"It's when she was in high school, she came back early and everyone is not home. We found her locked up in her bathroom and she's crying there. Her head was bleeding... my husband had no other choice, but to kick the door open." The mother sighed, "I'm sorry..." Jennie frowned.