CHAPTER 11

JENNIE'S POV

Of course, why would he text back, he's a complete stranger for fuck sake.

Am I really that desperate?

God, what am I even doing?

I switched off the faucet before I sauntered out of the bathroom, of course, we're not going to call it a day if we're not going to celebrate our win, Cheshire chose a place for us to celebrate which is Samgyup. I haven't eaten grilled meat ever since I left Korea. I'm always on a strict diet. And to compare from my previous coach to Jessi, the latter is more strict when it comes to foods.

Jessi made me eat a lot of protein and there's this one time where she caught me and Lisa eating her chocolate bars, our coach made us do a lot of work and we didn't have boiled eggs for breakfast the next day.

Lisa was hungry that day.

I saw coach Jessi talking drunk with Cheshire and Sungjae in the corner, and Lisa's talking nonstop with Irene.

So much for celebrating our win, why is she having fun with her?

"Jennie?" I heard a different voice this time, It's Somi's.

"Hi." I don't know what to say, even though Lisa forgot to introduce me to them, I somehow feel embarrassed to meet them face to face, knowing that I used to be Lisa's rival.

"Congrats on your win!" Somi smiled, extending a hand. "Thank you." I replied back, shaking her hand.

I don't even know what else to say.

"Where's your visitors? Your mom?" She asked, I can only shrug.

God knows where that woman is.

"Just me." I told her, "Yo Somi Unnie! Can you come with me?!" I saw Lisa's little sister pulling Somi's cardigan. "What is it?" Somi groaned, "I'm scared to go to the rest room alone." The little girl replied.

"Aish, you're a big girl already! Go on your own." Somi said, pushing her sister away. "I'll come with you." I offered the little girl.

I know this little devil holds a grudge against me too, maybe that's how everyone perceives me.

That rude, lazy, bitch.

"No, I'm fine." She declined, "I insist." I forced a smile. "Y-yeah... it's okay Jennie, I'll take it from here." Somi smiled, she seems a little embarrassed.

"Sure." I nodded, of course Lisa's family hates me.

No wonder that bratty fan girl was the one who got introduced over me.

Fine celebrate it like You and Irene won that gold medal. Yeah, just leave me standing here, I'm fine, really—

I sauntered to coach Jessi's table, taking the bottle of vodka from her hand. "Oi! What the fuck!?" Jessi raised her voice while I ignore her as I drink it down.