CHAPTER 8

JENNIE'S POV

Lisa looked like she haven't slept at all, she's not even paying attention to our choreographers who are skating in the frozen lake. Maybe it's the medicine that makes her all groggy. She sat on the hood of Jessi's vehicle, like she's almost on the verge of passing out, she looks like a zombie with those dark circles under her eyes. The song is very romantic, I love the way Cheshire was able to twist mid air when Sungjae tossed her up and catch her again like it's nothing.

Of course, our coach wanted me to execute a quad axel. I mean no one has ever perfected that, not even one of the greatest figure skaters in the world can ever do that.

If I can master the landing of it, I need Lisa to toss me high as possible to make me rotate a full quad. I don't mind myself spinning around Lisa, or standing on her leg while she glides around in soread eagle, we need to make this work. I sat next to Lisa, nudging my shoulder for her to get my attention.

"Are you okay?" I asked, checking up on the bandage that's wrapped around her head, coach helped her wrap a new one and I had to tie Lisa's full bangs up while doing so. "Yeah, just sleepy." She yawned, "You suffer from Insomnia?" I asked, she just shrugged. "Not really... I just keep on having this dreams." She said, watching the choreographer discuss about the steps.

I like Jessi's idea about forming a bond with Lisa. I'm starting to feel comfortable around her especially what we did last night. We do have something in common after all, and Lisa's music taste made me start to grow with her.

After last night, Lisa no longer mocks me about my height or what. She's not even annoying today, maybe that's how it is now.

This feeling is new, at least we're not bullying each other anymore. I guess we do have a chance on winning after all.

"What dreams?" I asked, "Well... it's a terrible one, I always have it every night." She answered. "No wonder you look like a zombie from the walking dead everyday." I chuckled, tucking my hands on the pocket of my plaid coat.

"Hey, I complimented you last night. Why not return a favor?" She nudged, she looked annoyed. "Because that's a fact." I winked, "You're getting too cocky, just because I'm the first one to have ever complimented you that way." She sighed.

I can only laugh, shrugging. Her accent is killing me.

"So are you going to tell me about it or not?" I asked, watching Cheshire and Sungjae execute dead spirals wherein Sungjae holds Cheshire's hand as he swings her around in circles.

Maybe we're going to do that too.

"It's... nothing really. Just a bad dream." Lisa smiled, "Oi! What are you guys talking about?" Coach Jessi joins in, she wore a very thick jacket, while she holds a bottle of soda.

"Y'all aren't paying attention to your dance huh?" Jessi raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry." I said.

"So what are y'all talking about?"

"Nothing much, coach... just dreams." Lisa said, "Ah dreams, so are you two friends now?" She leaned in closer to us, with a smirk plastered all over her face.

I glanced over at Lisa's who is actually looking back at me.

"We are?" I spoke first, and to this, Lisa exuded a sigh of relief. We're getting there.