~16: Quackity~

//tw: mature content, mature language

What the fuck is happening to me.

I reached up to rub my pale, clammy forehead with the back of my wrist and looked around the shabby apartment.

It was a one-room; two twin beds, a yellowing window, a small kitchen with half working appliances, a tiny bathroom with cold water only, and beige walls with peeling paint.

Home.

I coughed quietly and grabbed my phone, checking the time.

9:30 pm.

I squinted.

How was it nighttime?

I unlocked the screen, tapping on my messages with Charlie.

Slimy bro: Hi :) Bad and Skeppy dropped me off at this random guy's house and he has a kid who's having a sleepover with two other kids and we're having a lot of fun! Tommy is Wilbur Soot's brother, did you know that? Tubbo and Ranboo are asleep in the corner but me and Tommy are gonna play Minecraft! Hope you're feeling better :)) <3

I smiled to myself and typed a quick reply.

Big Q: I'm glad you're having fun bro. See you later <3

I reread Charlie's text, remembering seeing Wilbur's brother at Taco Bell.

He seemed like an energetic kid... with slight anger issues.

I chuckled a little to myself, about to set my phone down when I suddenly thought about Wilbur.

When was the last time I had seen him?

I had to think for a bit, straining my brain.

The party...

Yeah, the party.

I cringed.

I hadn't talked to him since the incident.

I quickly tapped into my chat with him and typed out a note.

Big Q: Hey it's Quackity. Sorry for the random note but um... I'm sorry about what happened at the party. That totally was not part of my plan for the night and I'm sorry if that ruined your experience there. Hope to see you soon! :)

I got a response quicker than I thought I would, but it only confused me.

Wibler Scoot: t h a t s what youre apologizing for? how much did you forget?

Big Q: What are you talking about?

Wibler Scoot: dont tell me i have to explain again. last time i explained it didnt end well.

Big Q: Wilbur I have no idea what you mean. Were you with me in the hospital or something?

Then it hit me.

I lashed out, didn't I...

Wibler Scoot: i dont believe you forgot. i dont trust you.

Big Q: Look, Wilbur, I am being honest that I literally have no idea what I said or what happened, but when I get poisoning I always end up lashing out. I am so, so sorry for anything I said that could have hurt you. I promise I am.

Wibler Scoot: i still dont believe you quackity. i cant. what you said really dug deep, and after what happened...

I inhaled.

Big Q: What happened? Did I physically hurt you? Did I say something that cut too deep?

The reply didn't come until a few minutes, my nerves growing with each passing second.