9 | Leaving

❛ Come let's put you to sleep ❜

Come let's put you to sleep ❜

❥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━❥

A day later after knowing who was about to come Catherine remained in a foul mood, she knew how awkward it was going to be, the trio was five years younger than her and she had two years completely despised them.

Sirius knew she was not as elated with the news as he was, he asked her a many times if she was upset but she politely denied, because it would be absurd telling him the reason. The whole day Catherine and Sirius spent changing the decor of the house. They managed to do only half of the house.

Today by the evening the trio and some more people were to arrive. Catherine fiddled with her fingers nervously, all of them were gryffindors and she was the only snake among them, how was she going to manage, they all already hated her even before meeting.

But the thing which depressed her more was the fact about her marriage with Harry's godfather. How was he going to react, although his opinion would matter the least to Catherine but it would be really important for Sirius.

She sighed sitting on her bed with a book on her lap, she was trying to blow away the disturbing thoughts by reading but failed. Sirius came into the room being unnoticed by his fiance. He saw her staring at the ground frowning. He quitely approached her settling himself down on the bed in front of her.

"What happened love?" He asked softly placing a hand on hers.

"Nothing Sirius" Catherine said shaking her head smiling. Sirius gave her the look telling he knew she was worried about something.

"You know you can tell me anything" He assured her smiling softly.

"Just Harry and his friends, I mean I am sure those kids wont like me already, I knew how badly they hated slytherins" She explained, Sirius sighed with a small smile.

"And apart from that how I am even gonna face him after him knowing that I am his godfather's fiance, he would surely die of a heart attack that instant, and after that I would probably throw myself off a cliff" she continued desperately. Sirius stared at her stiffling his laugh, but a short one escaped his lips causing Catherine to gape at him.

"Are you being serious with me? You are laughing, I am serious Sirius!- I mean I know you are Sirius, oh god! i am going nuts. They all will probably think I am insane-" Catherine rambled worried before Sirius cut her.

"You dont need to worry love as long as you have me, I will handle all of that, I promise" He said cupping her face. Catherine shyly met his eyes, even after living with him for a few days and everyday sleeping with him, she flustered on his every touch.