24 | Healer

"WOW SEEMS LIKE I NEVER WENT out last night!" Sirius exclaimed after waking up late in the afternoon and finding not one bruise on his body. Catherine shook her head smiling at his exclamations placing a glass of firewhiskey in front of him.

    "You're welcome I guess" She grinned teasingly, he grabbed her making her sit beside him and whispered in her ear while hugging her "You are amazing love"

     "Thanks!" She chortled a laugh pushing him away slightly as he was purposely causing tingling in her ear and behind her neck.

    "You know you'd make a great healer" Sirius remarked holding the glass of his firewhiskey in one hand while his other hand was draped around her shoulder warmly.

    He turned to her as he was answered back wuth silence and saw her holding an unreadable dazed look. He knew there wad nothing wrong in his remark and asked her slowly "What happened love?"

    She blinked turning to him coming out of her trance and forced a big smile shaking her head "What? nothing happened."

    He gave her an urging look knowing that wasnt the truth. She rolled her eyes cuddling to his side look down and mumbled almost inaudibly "Nothing, I just wanted to be a healer in my school time, in my seventh year I got all the perfect grades and today I might have been a healer for sure, but let it go—"

    "Wow! Thats amazing! You should be one!" Sirius cheered enthusiastically. She shook her head rapidly, laughing at his excitement "No, I wanted to be one back then—"

    "Then why didnt you become one?" He interjected. She gave him a look with an eyebrow raised pointing at him. He made a face of realisation slowly slouching back breathing out a "Oh.."

    "I am really sorry—"

     "What? No! Its not your fault Sirius!" She exclaimed suddenly as he started apologising and still held a guilty look. She felt worse on making him feel that way unknowingly. She got up steading him on his lap cupping his face making him look in her eyes seriously.

    "Its. Not. Your. Fault. So. Dont. You. Dare. Say. A. Sorry. Again" She said between numerous kisses and smiled up to him sadly giving him a pout as he still held an unconvinced look. "You were forced to marry me—"

    "Sirius! For god's sake!" She exclaimed interrupting him still sitting on his lap and smiled softly at him weakly "You are best thing happened to my shit excuse of a life, if I knew I was going to get married to you, I would have sacrificed everything I had for you! So dont you make these guilty faces at me, alright?"

    "And what if, I never came in your life and all of this marriage stuff, then?" He asked pointedly. She frowned at him before slowly saying with a dazed and pained face.

    "Then either I would have been a deatheater or dead"

    Sirius gave the most disappointed and disapproving look, not to her, but to her situation. He understood well, what happened in his kind of families. And after knowing her he couldnt afford her to be either of them. But slowly putting up a smile her stated "Be a healer"

    Catherine gave him a playful deadpanned look slipping out of his lap but he pulled her back forbidding her to go anywhere until the topic was over. "I want you to do what you would have wanted"

    "Sirius, I cant become a healer suddenly" She reasoned.

    "Then prepare for it"

    "I am married"

    "Who said there cant be married healers?"

    "But– but–"

    "No buts and ifs– just tell me what would you need to become a healer, I'll do everything possible and impossible for it" He stated firmly. Her heart fluttered with her love multiplying by a hundred for him.