17 | Truth Comes Out

" DONT WANNA GET MARRIED!"

༻༺━━━━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━━━━༻༺

Everyone gasped horrified after hearing Catherine was Sirius' fiance. Meanwhile Catherine stood their internally trembling, her eyes screwed shut, not daring to see all of their mortified faces in background. All the heads turned to Sirius who held a bitter look of distaste aimed at the older woman.

"You remind me so much of my mother Elizabeth" Sirius said in clear annoyance and distaste. Catherine felt tears prick her eyes.

"Thankyou for coming mother" Catherine said in the most bitter tone through gritted teeth and stormed out of the room ignoring the yells after her.

She ran straight to her room shutting it with a thud behind her collapsing there supported by it. She didnt know how she was going to face them all after being exposed like this. She never really thought how she was going to tell them all, although she had to one day, but she surely didnt want this to come out like this.

The only thought running in her mind about what all of them might be thinking of her, Harry, His friends, Charlie... She felt embarrassed. Now all of them knew she was going to marry a man fifteen years older than her, and how she was pretending to be Sirius' guest all this time.

She didnt know how she could possibly face them all after this. She just wanted to go and hide somewhere and not come out ever. And for the whole day she did not come oit of her room at all. Hermione and Ginny came a lot of times but were told off.

She just laid in her room staring at the ceiling thinking several ways to runaway or erase their memory. Her head jerked to the wall clock which made a sound stricking twelve, it was midnight and her growling stomach reminded her it was empty.

It was midnight and from what she had know all of them they sleep before this late, so maybe no one might be there, everyone might be sound asleep in their rooms. Buckling herself up she slowly opened the door a little bit to see it was darkout everywhere in the house. Everyone was asleep.

Sighing to herself she quitely descended downstairs to the kitchen using the lumos charm to a little brightness. She saw a piece of cake kept separately, she assumed someone might have kept it for her, with a weak smile she sat in the dim corner eating it quitely.

Enjoying the cake to herself quitely she hummed a song, the stress she had taken whole day was too much for her. After a while sitting in the dark corner she was interrupted by voice which startled her.

"Cat, is that you?" It was Charlie, she nearly jumped. Suddenly the lights of kitchen were turned on and a dressed up Charlie stood there, she stood up tiredly not meeting his eyes putting the almost empty plate back on the counter, moving forward to leave.