7

The next early morning, the hockey coach told them to wake up and attend practice two hours earlier than usual. Usually, their team would have a day where they would exercise together and even have a team building every once a month. It was something for the team to create a bond, which is an advantage when they're in competition.

Jeno came into their practice rink in the time that was specified to them in his casual outfit with his sports bag. The alpha usually likes this type of bonding with his team but this just means that he won't be able to meet Renjun today. He's in a bad mood, so he decided not to talk to anyone. He doesn't want to shout or sound annoyed to someone so early.

Placing his bag in his locker before he went to stretch his limbs, warming up. Jeno sighed, thinking if he should just ditch the early morning schedule before his coach gets here.

"Jen, coach is outside. Let's go," Yangyang called, tapping on the alpha's shoulder.

Well, too late.

The alpha clicked his tongue before he left his place and went walking towards the double glass doors of the practice rink, with the beta catching up. Yangyang was confused why he's in a bad mood but that's Jeno. The alpha just gets mad all of a sudden. He has some anger issues. He just got it from games, the alpha likes to show off like an arrogant type of way which results to him fighting with other players. Jeno's such a great player which makes him hold a great amount of confidence.

The team needs someone to be aggressive and Jeno just does the work.

"Slept on the wrong side of the bed again?" Yangyang asked, once they joined the team that were currently stretching.

"Not now, Yang."

The beta smiled slyly, "What? That omega you've been stalking turned you down?"

The alpha looked back at him, with furrowed eyebrows. Obviously, he wasn't really in the mood to joke around. He wished he doesn't have a bad temper but he couldn't really change it, so he suffers with it.

"Yang, I fucking swear, you don't want to mess with me."

Yangyang didn't budge but just raised his hands up, surrendering, because he wasn't in the mood to create a big ruckus. He still does have a big teasing smile on his face and left Jeno to go and be with the other members instead. It was normal anyway.

"Okay. You're going to run or jog around the area again. After that, come back and we'll proceed practicing," their coach uttered loudly for everyone to hear, "Last to return will clean the ice rink."

They were supposed to be in teams but Jeno wanted to go alone. All members went on their merry way, along the sidewalk. The alpha has his earphones on and ran on the longest route. He wasn't supposed to do that but he felt like doing it anyway. They can take care of themselves without their captain.

On the quiet sidewalk Jeno was running, climbing up the stairs and jumping off the railings. He thought about passing by the shop but he just checked the time and thought that it's a bit too early, he guessed. There's really no options. As soon as the practice ends, the alpha needs to catch up for class. He won't be able to cut classes because he actually needs to take some supplementary quizzes to pass the semester.

Jeno sighed just thinking about it. He wasn't the ideal alpha people think he is and it's a bit disappointing if they asked him.

Just as he was about to cross the street, he accidentally bumped into someone who was running. It resulted to them falling on the ground--well, the alpha was the one who fell on the concrete while the one bumped into him fell on him. Jeno groaned at the sudden impact, holding his shoulder but the scent of vanilla filled your nostrils.

"A-Are you okay--Jeno-ah!"

The boy ontop pulled himself away, his hands on both sides of the hurt alpha. He worryingly looked at him. Jeno looked back at him and felt his heart's about to explode from the pretty sight infront of him.

"Are you okay?! I'm so sorry! I should have looked infront!" Renjun panicked since he was looking back when he was running, which made him bump into someone.

Jeno wasn't really focused on his throbbing shoulder. He was busy staring at how cute the hybrid looked with his ears down and a worried look. The pouty lips were very attractive to him. He's, deadass, whipped.

"No...don't worry, I'm fine."

The alpha pushed himself up which made him to flinch at the sudden pain. The omega helped him, pulling the alpha by hand. Renjun sat back and looked really guilty.

"You don't look like it. Come with me to the hospital!" the omega suddenly uttered.

"No need! It doesn't hurt much, really. Don't worry, Renjun," Jeno said, "Why were you running anyway?"

Renjun jolted, realizing what he was running from. His ears immediately go down against his head and behind with his tail going still, uncomfortable, "I...Nothing. I was just late for work."

The alpha furrowed his eyebrows. What gives out a hybrid's emotion was their features, especially their ears. When ears are behind and against their heads, it just means they're scared or some intense, bad, feelings.

"You're bothered. Aren't you?" Jeno asked, squinting his eyes at the omega.

Renjun jumped a bit, "N-No! Of course not!" he said before he stood and handed out a hand to Jeno, "Come on, I'll help you, Jen."

The alpha was about to grab on the omega's hand but it was pulled away from him. Jeno got surprised when someone just pulled Renjun away from him. The omega immediately felt his knees going weak upon getting pulled away from Jeno. He wanted to ask for help from the alpha but he was too late.

Jeno shot up and went towards to both. His blood boiling at the guy forcing Renjun to come with him.

"Hey, you heard him. He doesn't want to come with you, assface," the alpha aggressively said towards the guy.

It hurts Jeno to see Renjun with teary eyes that were looking right back at him.

The guy, seemingly an alpha, looked annoyingly at him. Jeno wasn't faze, even a bit. He looked like he's even challenging the guy.

"It's between me and him. Now if you shut up and leave us, you'll save your pretty face, dirtbag."

Jeno took that as a sign. Before the guy could even pull Renjun farther away from him, the alpha shot forward and punched the alpha which set the omega free from the tight grip around his wrist. Renjun immediately pushed Jeno away from the guy, before things could be messy but they didn't stop.

The alpha placed the omega behind him and ducked before the guy's fist hits on of their faces. Jeno gave another one, not wanting to back down. Renjun just stood their helplessly, doesn't know what to do.

The omega just stood there, too scared to do something.