25

All day, Jaemin was nervous just thinking about finally attempting to talk to Renjun. Donghyuck's right about the closure thingy. Though, he doesn't know what to say. He doesn't know if he should explain or just apologize and promise that it won't happen again. Good thing, it's the last day before their semestral break. If he's in a class right now, he doubts that he'll be able to listen to the lessons.

The time felt slow. All the beta wanted is to get on with everything. He won't be there for too long anyway.

"I should've just attended work," Donghyuck whined and groaned as he regretted.

"You just had to go with me, huh?" Jaemin said.

The beta giggled, "Well, you said Jeno's picking you up. Might as well witness it myself. Also, I'll give you support today! I'll make sure Junnie attended work and won't run away when both of you arrives."

"Won't Mark get mad about it?"

"Ah, that lion? I already told him about it," Donghyuck answered.

The beta furrowed his eyebrows at him and leaned back away from him, "That's why you're wearing his shirt?"

"He wanted me to wear it," the other says it in a tiny voice, "But don't worry. I'm sure your mate would do the same--ehem, ehem, Jeno."

Jaemin's face and red became bright red before he slapped Donghyuck's shoulder, "W-Why does he have to be in this conversation?! Also, why are you pairing me with him?!"

The beta shrugged and smiled at him, "I just have a feeling about the both of you."

"Stop it! You don't get to pair me with anyone!"

Donghyuck laughed, "You two are cute. Enemies-to-lovers kind of relationship, am I right?"

Jaemin covered his whole face with his palms. He was flustered at the thought of whatever Donghyuck's saying. What is he even saying? Jeno's attention is all on Renjun, how on earth they would be a couple? Also, if, and only if, they have a chance to be together, how would Renjun fit in? This would just a messy love triangle--well, they're already in it.

"Let's go. It's just about time. Also, Jeno-ah might be waiting outside already," the beta said and stood from his chair with his bag.

"Oh, you're friends with him already?" Jaemin asked sarcastically, standing up with his backpack in hand.

"What? Gatekeeping him already? I can't call him 'Jeno-ah' and I should call him 'Jeno' instead. Then you get to call him whatever you want, huh?" Donghyuck crossed his arms and sassily uttered.

The beta clenched his jaw, "Why do you keep pushing me towards him?! There's literally nothing that's going on between us!"

"Whatever, whatever. Let's go."

Both of them went out of the room and walked towards the gates. Jaemin feels more nervous now that he's about to go to the shop after a few weeks being gone. It's nerve-wracking. He doesn't know what will happen anyway.

The beta sighed and took a deep breath. He should calm his nerves down before he starts to become a stuttering mess infront of the omega.

Looking ahead, Jaemin already saw the alpha even if he has his back facing them. The beta shivered when he just realized he knows Jeno at that point already. He mentally slapped himself and thought he shouldn't really put any attention to it. Jeno just stands out, that's all.