19

The week was hard for Jeno to go through. He was literally having little to no sleep because of him practicing and at the same time, studying for quizzes and the upcoming exams. The alpha couldn't keep up, although, he was still breathing. Today was his only rest day. He was upset that he wasn't able to see Renjun again--the whole week was Renjun-less.

Hopefully, he could see him this week. He already got tickets for him for their upcoming game tournament. He could only hope that he'll be able to atleast be in the upper brackets when Renjun watches. Why wouldn't he want to show off when the omega's watching him?

Going out of his condo unit, Jeno forgot to buy groceries this morning. What did he do? He slept all day. He spent most of his time in his bed and he's not mad about it. He needed to regain all the hours of sleep he lost this week. So he'll be grocery shopping at 11 in the evening. He still needs to read his lessons right after he comes home.

Sighing, he grabbed a cart then pushed it towards the aisle nearby. He should just make this fast.

"Jeno?"

The alpha looked behind and surprised to see Renjun. He never thought the omega would be buying at this store--most definitely buying at this hour of the night.

"Why are you here?" Jeno asked when Renjun ran towards him and stood infront with a wide grin and seemingly excited to see the alpha--his ears perked and his tail swaying.

"I couldn't sleep so I thought about buying some grocery," Renjun answered.

The alpha hummed, "You don't have anyone with you?"

The omega shook his head, "I don't really have anyone to go with--I know it's not a good idea to go at night but hey, we wouldn't meet if I didn't go...right?"

"Next time, have someone know that you're out atleast," Jeno said. He looked at omega's neck and found a collar protectively wrapped it, in which he is relieved in.

Renjun nodded, "I will, next time, Jen...Since we're both here, can I come with you?"

"Of course. I'll drive you home too and I'm not taking a no with that."

The omega laughed then catches up with the alpha. He took things off the shelf and putting them Jeno's cart, since the alpha insisted. Renjun then came up to something he wanted to talk about. It's their first meet up after a few days. He...missed him.

"By the way, I haven't seen you. Were you really busy this week?"

"Ah, yeah. I was and still am. We need to push ourselves, the tournament's in a few weeks," the alpha answered, "I'll try to pass by tomorrow to give you your ID pass."

"Are you still taking care of yourself? You look like you haven't slept lately," Renjun asked.

Jeno shrugged, "I practice in the morning until afternoon then I study until the next morning. I needed to keep up with my academics."

"You can't keep up with anything if you're tired, Jen."

He's right though. His brain couldn't process anymore that he ends up reading a sentence over and over, and never get his brain to remember a word from it. At this point, Jeno's worried that he might not be able to atleast pass this exam. Added up to his overthinking about Renjun and that Jaemin guy having better terms than him.