24

"So, how was your day?" Donghyuck asked as he dropped himself on the edge of Jaemin's bed with a soda in hand. He just came home from work and thought that he'd ask his friend about the game.

"It was good. They won," Jaemin answered while writing his homework.

"And...?"

The beta hummed, trying to think if he should actually tell everything. The way he'll say it would just make an excuse for Donghyuck to tease him. Either Jaemin would try to hide it or not, the beta can read him easily.

Jaemin stopped writing and sighed, "Well...we talked nicely."

The beta chuckled, "So, it took you guys to lose Renjun just to be friends?"

"Friends?" The other thought, "We're more like...strangers with a weird, good-ish relationship?"

Donghyuck pointed his finger at Jaemin, "Jeno's not too bad, to be honest, right?"

The beta hummed, "Y-Yeah."

"Like, at first, yeah, I hate him for being too aggressive with you but when you started telling me stories about how you guys are doing fine and he's quite nice, I changed my mind," Donghyuck smiled, "Don't even think that I'm not telling these to Renjun."

Jaemin's eyes widened, "What--Why?!"

"Duh. How would he even know if you two are making the effort?" he answered and took a sip on his beverage, "So, keep it up."

The beta was dumbfounded. To think about it, Donghyuck is a person who talks too much sometimes so he wasn't too surprised. Suddenly, he's curious what Renjun's expression is whenever Donghyuck speaks about them. He misses the omega all of a sudden.

"How is Renjun doing?" Jaemin asked in a soft tone, going back to whatever he's doing a few seconds ago.

The beta shrugged, "He's doing well. Nothing new happened since you took a leave."

It seemed like he isn't affected anymore. Maybe he moved on, or he doesn't want to see him and Jeno after what happened. What is he even talking about? He's thinking like this when he and Renjun are just friends--the omega treats him as a friend. Jaemin doesn't kind of treat the omega as his friend anymore, he already fell in too deep right now.

Although, he can't make his feelings worse. He'll just ruin Jeno's chance. He needs to forget about it. It seems impossible.

"When are you coming back?" Donghyuck asked.

Jaemin shrugged, "I don't exactly know. Should I?"

"Of course. Like, come on, you guys need some closure. I'll demand a closure if Mark breaks up with me--Which will never happen."

The beta nodded slowly, "I-I'll see. Maybe I could bring Jeno."

"Better! Atleast he'll believe that you guys are acquaintances," Donghyuck commented, "And, uhm...About the deal you and Jeno have, I don't like how you gave him a chance when you can't give yourself one. But whatever your decisions are, I hope it'll make you happy on the long run."

Jaemin didn't reply but he heard what his friend told him. Donghyuck just sighed before he stood, patting on the beta's shoulder, then walked out of the room. Jaemin clenched his jaw and tightened his grip on his pen.