9

A few days after the incident, Renjun hasn't really feel anything weird happened to him. He didn't receive any threats or something, like what he expected. Though, he just noticed how his friends became a bit protective around him, specifically Jeno and Jaemin. He wasn't bothered, it was just weird how they we were more 'careful'. But who knows, maybe it's just him.

Though they haven't met each other yet, they quite have the same attitude but one is less aggressive than the other. They like to worry for others, though Jeno has his conditions. Apparently, the alpha's sympathy is expensive and, a person needs to be worth worrying and being kind for. Jaemin worries for anyone, in general. Of course, it's different when it comes to someone he truly cares.

"So...you're going to ask him to a date after what happened?"

Jaemin frowned at Donghyuck, "You didn't tell me about his exes!"

"Dude, I didn't know you cared about his ex! You said you don't have any questions about him!" the beta fought back, shouting at him.

"You could have atleast tell me about it! You knew I like him!"

"But I didn't know you were serious about him!"

Jaemin groaned, "I hate you, Donghyuck."

"I'm just saving you from a possible heartbreak. It's hard to have some romance when you're a beta but I'll help you. Anyway, last time he told me he doesn't care much about his ex anymore," Donghyuck smiled at him so his beta friend will feel better.

The beta thought about it ever since it came into his mind just a few days ago. Jaemin wanted to give it another try with dating again after so many rejections, just because he's a beta. Though he won't feel too insecure--atleast for now. His confidence would deflate in a second when he's already infront of the omega with a bouquet of flowers and ready with his small speech. He would stutter and embarrass himself, even.

"How would you help me?" Jaemin asked.

Donghyuck laughed, "Good question. I'll just set you guys up."

"I-I think I can do it by myself."

"Oh, coming from experience."

"Shut up, Hyuck!"

"You can maybe ask him when it's break time. That's when you can only ask him for a talk," the beta advices, "I don't think you should shut me up, Jaem."

Jaemin rolled his eyes at him, doesn't know if he should regret being friends with him or not.

"I'll wish you goodluck! I told you he rejects people but maybe you're luckier," the beta uttered but just made Jaemin more nervous than he was.

Scoring the puck, the team cheered for their captain. Jeno gave them each a high five and a pat on their shoulders. It was just a friendly game among their own members and it's part of their practice. Also, he's in a good mood. He's pretty excited for today too.

"Ah, I just can't compete with someone who's very motivated, can I?" Yangyang commented when they got off the rink after their coach dismissed them for the day.

Jeno chuckled as they sat on the bench, removing their skating shoes and drinking water, "Your team was good too."

"Wait, so later, you're going to ask him out, right? You sure you're going to court him? I mean, not that I'm stopping you, you're a bit too aggressive for him, don't you think?"

"Really, Yang? You just need to say that," the alpha uttered, his tone of voice change in a second.

"Have you thought about how far your attitudes are? I know it's different when an alpha falls in love but it's concerning" the beta asked, knowing what pushes his friend's buttons. He likes to tease around, anyway.

The alpha furrowed his eyebrows at him, "I can't believe you don't support me having a mate."

"It's not that I don't support you. Like what I said, I'm concerned."

Jeno sighed, "I won't do anything stupid, Yang. Thanks for the concern but what the fuck. I hate you sometimes."

"Bet you actually don't," Yangyang laughing loudly, standing from the bench and putting his skates inside his locker nearby. He placed his other things inside and went to grab his bag, "I'll see you later?"

The alpha nodded once, "Yeah. I'll let you know what happened."

"Wishing you luck."

"I can win him without luck."

Once he was finished, Jeno immediately went for a shower then dressed up casually. He looked at the time on his phone and thought that he'll miss Renjun's break if he stalls longer. He fixes his hair along the way towards the shop, speed walking. He wasn't much of a guy who likes giving gifts, just because he doesn't know what they like yet, but he has the charms.

He's also a guy full of words. Despite speaking and looking confident, he was nervous deep down, just thinking of the omega rejecting him.

He'd jump off the building.

That was a joke, but he'll feel so upset.

Jeno gave himself a quick look in the glass window of a building he passed by that was close to the grooming shop. He looked fine in his opinion. What shook his hands, trying to calm his nerves, before he arrived infront. He looked through the glass door of the shop and saw Renjun by the shop, entertaining a customer by the cashier.

As soon as the customer walks away, the alpha goes into the shop and went towards the counter. The omega's eyes meeting is. Jeno smiled at him, Renjun smiling back.

"Are you going to buy more toys for your cats again, Jeno-ah?" the omega asked, tilting his head to the side a bit with his ears playing perked up and his tail swaying.

The alpha leaned on the counter, "Uhm, not this time. I don't think I can clean everything everyday...I was actually going to ask you something, if that's fine. Are you busy?"

Renjun hummed and looked at the time on his wristwatch before his eyes went back to the alpha infront, "It's about my break time. What are you going to ask me?"

"Well...I was just thinking if we could maybe--"

"Renjunnie, let's go--"

Cutting off his words, both of their attention went to a guy who just come out of the staff's room. Jeno furrowed his eyebrows at him, glaring at the possible beta because of the very subtle smell of a fruit coming from the guy. He knows him.

Right when he saw the face, his blood boiled.