23

After the very hellish month, Jeno was finally able to focus on the tournament. Since everything's finished, he could only hope that this won't be his last tournament that he'll be playing in. Right now, he'll be worried about today's play. As much as he was hyped about it, he's still upset that Renjun couldn't come over.

Well, so much for having someone to atleast cheer for him.

"So, how were exams?" Yangyang asked as soon as he sat on the bench where Jeno was seated.

Jeno shrugged, "They were fine...I guess."

"Must've been easy for you, huh?" the beta asked, tying his shoelaces.

"Easy to fail, you mean?"

"Haha, nice joke. I didn't know you like jokes."

The alpha rolled his eyes, "When were exams easy, anyway?"

"Someone helped you, right?"

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows at him, "I knew you know something."

Yangyang laughed, "Just to think of it, Jaemin-ah is really kind. It's been a few weeks and I can see that he's really trying his hardest to suck your cold attitude."

"Hey, I-I'm trying to...What are you saying? It's just really awkward to talk to him."

"He isn't your competition anymore, Jen. Give it up."

The alpha sighed, "I--I don't know why I'm being all quiet when it comes to him."

Yangyang teasingly hummed, "You like hi--"

"Okay...Get up! We need to go."

The beta chuckled and immediately catches up with his friend, "Jaemin isn't coming?"

Jeno shook his head, "Why would he?"

"Cheer you on?"

The alpha snickered, "Really? You think he'll do that? I doubt it."

Walking out of the changing room, both of them huddled with their team and cheered for each other. They then walked out of their room as they were announced and heard the crowd cheer for them. Jeno took a deep breath and kept a cold head, challenging himself not to create a scene this season.

Looking around the crowd, Jeno was still hoping that he'd see Renjun. Something that is impossible to happen. The omega obviously didn't show up, but to his surprise, someone else who was awfully familiar to him on the bleachers. They made eye contact and made the alpha to decide walking towards that person after their introduction.

"What are you doing here?" Jeno asked, confused.

Jaemin furrowed his eyebrows, "I can't watch?"

The alpha shook his head, "I'm not saying anything...I'm just curious why."

The beta thought how it was his first time hearing Jeno curious about him.

"I wanna watch the game. I came here to cheer someone," Jaemin answered, not wanting to confess that he came here for Jeno and not anyone else.

Jeno raised an eyebrow, "And you cheer for whom? I doubt you know someone else around here. You're not planning anything, are you?"

The beta's eyes widened, "What made you think of that?!"