13

It was already eight in the evening and it was closing time. Renjun was just waiting finishing up restocking some shelves with Sungchan. Usually, omegas shouldn't be out at this hour at night because of some predators, but Renjun didn't think about it and volunteered to work the whole day. He's the only one who has nothing to do at home anyway. Everyone was either busy with their studies or families.

Sungchan and Jaemin companies him anyway, but the beta was still in part-time schedule so he gets to go home earlier than them. Jaemin wanted to stay a bit longer, thinking if he could walk Renjun home but he doesn't want to fight over a small matter. The beta noted that he'll do it some other day.

"Are you done, Sungchan?" Renjun asked, coming out of the staff's room with his and the alpha's belongings.

The alpha puts the mop back into the closet for cleaning materials. Sungchan went over towards his friend and nodded, smiling at him, "Yeah. I can walk you home. I'll be picking up Shotaro from work anyway."

"Ah, no need. I can go home by myself. You can't make Taro wait too long," the omega uttered, handing over Sungchan's bag then goes to walk out of the shop after they turned the lights off.

"Hyung, it's dangerous."

"My apartment's just right around the corner."

Sungchan sighs, "You're still stubborn."

It caused Renjun to chuckle, "Sorry. But I can handle myself. I have my collar and I'll just take a pill."

The alpha hummed, "I'll just call a taxi--"

"A-Are you guys just closing?"

Renjun looked at the person who spoke beside them, panting heavily from running. The omega fell confused upon seeing him at this hour in the night. He should be home with Donghyuck and maybe doing some homeworks, but he's here. Renjun felt giddy.

"Oh, Jaemin hyung, you're here," Sungchan uttered.

The beta sighed loudly, "I really hate running...Anyway, I'm here to pick up Renjun."

The said omega's eyes widened in surprise, "What?"

Jaemin smiled warmly at him, "Jungwoo hyung couldn't take you home so I'll take his place just for today."

"See? Everyone's worried about you. You can go with Jaemin hyung instead. I'll go and fetch Taro," Sungchan said and pats Jaemin's shoulder, "See you both tomorrow!"

Then the alpha leaves them there. Renjun looked back at Jaemin, wearing just a hoodie and shorts. He doesn't remember Jaemin telling him anything about his plans. He wasn't complaining though. He likes how Jaemin just surprises him. Weirdly, Renjun was fine if the beta would walk him home instead. He mentally apologized to Sungchan.

"I'm...fine going home by myself, Minnie," Renjun uttered, catching Jaemin's attention.

The beta shook his head, "Well, I'm here now anyway. You can't say no. Also, the news is filled with omegas getting kidnapped."

The omega laughed, "You're just scaring me and it's not working."

Jaemin playfully rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, "Alright, I'm just worried and I knew you're going to be this stubborn."

"I don't like bothering people."

"You're not bothering me. Let's go."

Renjun sighed before he walked ahead, letting Jaemin to follow behind. The beta felt happiness filling him up and it was such a great feeling. His heart fluttering and his thoughts getting too cocky. If there's any chances, Jaemin would try to make a move. Although, he's too scared to touch the omega. He didn't want to evade his personal space.