17

Locking his apartment from the outside, Renjun walked down the stairs of the building with a big smile on his face. Like any other day, he needs to go to work and he's much excited to be there ever since. He's giddy at work. Well, he is excited to spend another day with his friends, like Jaemin. He doesn't know why but he gets along with the beta very easily. Renjun does like his presence and all. Jaemin's just easy to get along with.

Him and Jeno. Both of them gets along with him very easily. He would want to have more time with them. He was in his best mood whenever they're around.

"Good morning, auntie!" Renjun greeted the old landlady of the building.

She smiled at him, "Ah, good morning to you too. Someone's here looking for you, by the way."

The omega was caught surprised, "Really?"

"I don't know, but he's a handsome guy."

Renjun laughed, "Who is it?"

He opened the door of the building, wanting to know who came to look for him. Though, he already has a person in mind. He's the only one who could come and look for him, besides his other friends.

"Jaeminnie!"

The beta smiled once he saw the omega he's been waiting for, "Good morning."

"You don't have any classes?" Renjun asked, walking out of the building and closing the door behind him.

"I do, but I thought to pass by and give you your food," Jaemin said, handing out the paper bag he's holding.

Renjun pouted, "Didn't I tell you that you don't have to cook for me every single day?"

"But I did insist, didn't I?"

The omega hummed and chuckled softly, "Thank you. I'll definitely eat these."

Jaemin nodded, "Do you...Do you want to walk with me? I'm just about to attend university."

Renjun smiled, "Ye--"

Suddenly, a car pulled over, catching both of their attention. Jaemin sighed in disappointment, knowing already who it was. He was thinking about running or just tell Renjun that he's late and needs to go. Though before he could take a decision, the person inside already stepped out and it was too late for his excuses now.

"Jeno?"

The alpha smiled, "Hey...Just pulled up since I saw you. About to go to work?"

Renjun nodded cheerfully, "Yeah. Jaemin's actually here to walk me there."

Jeno looked beside him, Jaemin returning the glare. The tension between them wasn't the healthiest. In their eyes, they're each other's competitions. Neither one of them spoke, just intense glares.

The omega was just standing there looking at them while he's confused why it felt like there was something wrong. Although, he didn't mind it. Maybe it's just him.

"Are you still coming with me, Renjun?" Jaemin asked, looking away from Jeno.

"It's too hot to walk at this hour. I'll get you to the shop with the car instead," Jeno uttered.

The beta hummed, "It isn't too hot. In fact, it's nice walking at this time in the morning," indirectly arguing with the alpha.

"Maybe for you it's fine, but for him, it's not. Don't decide for him, please," the alpha spoke back, calmly.

"He was about to say yes before you came."

"Glad I'm on time."

"W-Wait, why don't we just go together?" Renjun chirped.

Their eyes widened and looked at the omega like he said something so bad.

"Bad idea?" the omega winced.

"N-No, of course not."

"No...I guess."

The hybrid's face lit up and smiled at them, "Great! Can we use your car, Jen?"

Of course, who is Jeno to say no to Renjun? Despite having a heavy heart, thinking that the beta's scent would reek inside his car, he still nodded and gave an eye smile. Jaemin felt the same anyway.

The omega somehow ties them together.

Walking towards the vehicle with heavy feet, Jaemin stepped into the backseat while he lets Renjun take a seat on the passenger's. The omega wasn't bothered by how their scents were mixing inside but two people aren't comfortable. It was very offending and Jeno mentally note to himself that he'll clean his car later. Although, the beta's scent wasn't very strong.

The time being inside the vehicle wasn't much of an awkward situation for Jaemin. Renjun is a social butterfly and kept the conversation alive between the three of them. Although, this wasn't going to last long as they shortly arrive. The omega would leave the both of them and Jaemin doesn't want to spend a second with the alpha who could bite his head off. He thought about stepping out with Renjun.

But, that wasn't the case.

"Jen, can you drive Jaemin to his university? He's really late--"

Jaemin won't let it happen.

"N-No! I-I still have time to walk or run!" the beta stuttered.

Renjun looked at the backseat where Jaemin is, "It's better to get there as fast as you can if that's the case."

Jaemin paused, "But I-I'm fine with walkin--"

"Jen," the omega called, looked at the alpha beside who was very quiet because he didn't want to get involve.

Jeno was caught off guard and looked at Renjun with confusion but in his mind, he suddenly cursed. He didn't want this to happen.

"What?" the alpha asked.

"Can you drive Jaemin to the university? Just this one favor. I promise to treat you somewhere," Renjun uttered with his hands clasped together, pleading.

Jeno's eyes widened, "Y-You don't have to do anything in return..." he sighed, "I'll drive him there, don't worry," he uttered softly, more in a timid side upon saying that. He'll be with this beta for probably the worst ten-minute drive.

With that, Jaemin didn't get to argue. He just slumped back against the backrest with a long sigh. Renjun then thanked him before he stepped out and ran into the store, not knowing what he did.

The alpha didn't say anything, instead, he just drove and kept his attention on the road. He turned the aircondition off and puts the window beside him down, giving more air to breathe in other than breathing under the beta's sweet scent. Though, the scent attracts him for some reason and Jeno doesn't want to admit it.

"You can pull over and I'll walk towards the university instead," Jaemin suddenly spoke.

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows but didn't reply.

"I'm giving a favor for the both of us--"

"I'm not going to listen to you but can we atleast agree on not talking to each other right now?" the alpha said sternly but calm, looking at the beta with the rear mirror.

The beta crossed his arms and huffed, "Fine."

They didn't speak, like what they just agreed on. But Jaemin has some manners. Before the beta steps out of the car when they arrived, he figured on atleast thanking him.

"Thanks."

"I didn't do it for you."

But he's an asshole.