11

The next day, Jaemin kept on groaning. He was very bothered and doesn't know what to do. He couldn't believe he really stood up against an alpha. It felt like it was a dream but he wished that it was a dream. He thought what if he didn't try to provoke Jeno, maybe this mess wouldn't be existing.

"You know what, you gotta fight what you gotta fight," Donghyuck uttered, waving a hand like what he's saying is very easy.

"I mean, is it really worth it?"

The beta looked at him with wide eyes. He slammed his palms against the table, surprising Jaemin, "What the fuck?! We're talking about your future here, Jaemin!"

Jaemin sighed and made his hair messy, "I don't know! Maybe he's right...I'm just a beta, Hyuck."

"Dude, I literally got myself an alpha and I'm a beta. What do you mean?"

"Well...your situation is different, Hyuck."

"What are you talking about?! You don't like Renjunnie that much that you don't want to atleast prove that you're better than that alpha?" Donghyuck nagged.

"I like him, I really really do even though I just met him," the beta said.

The other rolled his eyes at him, "Then what are you blabbering about?"

Jaemin looked at Donghyuck with a pathetic look, "What chances do I have against an alpha?"

"Definitely not zero, Jaem."

"Honestly?"

Donghyuck groaned loudly, "You can't just give up because neither he will. Also, didn't you say that you provoked him into it?"

"Then what if I lost in the end?"

The beta shrugged, "Atleast you tried. It's not easy to find our bond, unlike omegas and alphas, so it's going to be a good effort, Jaeminnie...Both of you can lose too."

Jaemin sighed, "But I don't how to...charm him."

Donghyuck laughed, "You're already charming, Jaem. He may have a different taste than me on things but I feel like he likes being taken care of. Cook for him, give him flowers, walk him home...there are several things you can do for someone."

The beta hummed, thinking if he should just let the the alpha win or not. Jaemin's not the best when it comes to being confident. He's never the first or best option. Bad thoughts come first, he's not even that competitive to begin with. He's kind of a person who just waits for a miracle to happen.

"You know what, I won't push you into it. I don't want to get stressed with something I'm not involved in," Donghyuck uttered, "I'm gonna take my math exam today and I don't want to add more stress today."

Jaemin sighed, "This is making my head hurt."

"Just do it if you think you want to do it. You don't want to regret anything, do you?"

The beta wants to go home and take his mind off things. How did he even get to this state? He just wanted a peaceful college life, or be in a nice relationship, but no. He just had to be in a bad situation that he got himself into without thinking.